Green Diamond MDT review
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Green Diamond MDT review within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Dry Handling Halfway decent, loses grip a little than my OE Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus. This was hard driving through ...

tan

Green Diamond MDT review

Dry Handling
    Halfway decent, loses grip a little than my OE Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus. This was hard driving through curvy roads.

Noise
    Carbide chunks aren't good for noise suppression. Big surprise
    :
    That's why there's a radio in the car.

wet
    I can accelerate harder with barely any slip

Split mu: Mud/Tarmac
    Hard acceleration (being stupid) tires spun a bit, but I still moved forward nonetheless. If I backed off on the throttle....no problems with grip

Ice
    See split mu
    Driving like a normal person, it's almost like there's no ice

Snow
    Amazing. Traction was unbelieveable. The snow plow owner dropped his jaws when I went through 6" of unplowed snow like it was nothing (had a snow blower in the back also....to clear the store parking lot). Stopped...did a K-turn and backed to the door (of the store) with no problems whatsoever.

Packed to semi-packed snow....on a 4 lane road....I was passing people on the semi-plowed-packed snow lane, with no hints of instability (they were on the blowed lane)

My ABS rarely kicked in...except for when I had to slam on the brakes because I wasn't paying attention for a moment....stops quickly with the ABS...better than my OE tires.
    Conclusion
    I didn't get a heavily siped tire, like the Icelanders, Alpin, or Inardi.....the MDT's are a tire for all the seasons, if you can live with the tire noise.

I wonder how do the Extreme handle in the snow/ice since it doesn't have the extra biting edge which siping gives.

On a side note....I saw a WRX with Dunlop Graspic tires spin its front tire rather easily on packed snow, then the power went from the spins that slips to the wheels that grips (back). I wonder if a Quaife front LSD would make things nicer
    Last edited by tan; 12-07-2003 at 08:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the review, Tan. Do you have any links about this tire?

-Jim

tan
    www.greendiamondtire.com

Jacoby at www.subdriven.com has a nice review of the 215/55r16 Inardi's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.