Green Diamond MDT review

This is a discussion on Green Diamond MDT review within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Dry Handling Halfway decent, loses grip a little than my OE Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus. This was hard driving through ...

tan

Green Diamond MDT review

Dry Handling
    Halfway decent, loses grip a little than my OE Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus. This was hard driving through curvy roads.

Noise
    Carbide chunks aren't good for noise suppression. Big surprise
    :
    That's why there's a radio in the car.

wet
    I can accelerate harder with barely any slip

Split mu: Mud/Tarmac
    Hard acceleration (being stupid) tires spun a bit, but I still moved forward nonetheless. If I backed off on the throttle....no problems with grip

Ice
    See split mu
    Driving like a normal person, it's almost like there's no ice

Snow
    Amazing. Traction was unbelieveable. The snow plow owner dropped his jaws when I went through 6" of unplowed snow like it was nothing (had a snow blower in the back also....to clear the store parking lot). Stopped...did a K-turn and backed to the door (of the store) with no problems whatsoever.

Packed to semi-packed snow....on a 4 lane road....I was passing people on the semi-plowed-packed snow lane, with no hints of instability (they were on the blowed lane)

My ABS rarely kicked in...except for when I had to slam on the brakes because I wasn't paying attention for a moment....stops quickly with the ABS...better than my OE tires.
    Conclusion
    I didn't get a heavily siped tire, like the Icelanders, Alpin, or Inardi.....the MDT's are a tire for all the seasons, if you can live with the tire noise.

I wonder how do the Extreme handle in the snow/ice since it doesn't have the extra biting edge which siping gives.

On a side note....I saw a WRX with Dunlop Graspic tires spin its front tire rather easily on packed snow, then the power went from the spins that slips to the wheels that grips (back). I wonder if a Quaife front LSD would make things nicer
    Last edited by tan; 12-07-2003 at 07:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the review, Tan. Do you have any links about this tire?

-Jim

tan
    www.greendiamondtire.com

Jacoby at www.subdriven.com has a nice review of the 215/55r16 Inardi's