Camber Kit necessary with Eibach prokit?

This is a discussion on Camber Kit necessary with Eibach prokit? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is it necessary? tell me about what lowering springs do to a WRX's camber. what do these bolts do?...

Camber Kit necessary with Eibach prokit?

is it necessary? tell me about what lowering springs do to a WRX's camber. what do these bolts do?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no, just get an allignment done after you put the springs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Seems that some will use them some will not. Lowering the car will increase the negative camber in the rear. Some think this is OK. I wanted some taken out, one for tire wear issues, and also to make the handling a little more neutral. The alignment guy said he could not have hit the -1.0 that I asked for in the rear without using the camber bolts or he could have elongated the holes on the strut.. but I'm not sure I like that method, glad I had the bolts.

I guess it's up to you..

Do you NEED them? No

Are they a good idea? I think so.

You can also pick up the eibach kit for under $30 from tirerack. I think its worth it just so that you can make sure you have equal camber on both sides in the rear and get the front/rear camber differential that you want.
    Big pimpin' in a Legacy GT Wagon

R.I.P. WRX Wagon

It makes no sense to me not to get it. It is only $30. The bolts have to come out anyway, and you are going to have to get it aligned anyway, so it is really silly not to.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    Seems that some will use them some will not. Lowering the car will increase the negative camber in the rear. Some think this is OK. I wanted some taken out, one for tire wear issues, and also to make the handling a little more neutral. The alignment guy said he could not have hit the -1.0 that I asked for in the rear without using the camber bolts or he could have elongated the holes on the strut.. but I'm not sure I like that method, glad I had the bolts.

I guess it's up to you..

Do you NEED them? No

Are they a good idea? I think so.
    Where did you get the specs from for your allignment? Did they simply dial them in within stock specs? Or did you give them specific numbers. I'm getting an allignment this week, and would like more info.

so you only need 1 set (2 bolts) for the rear? im assuming the front wont need them, correct?

Originally posted by abaxter34
    so you only need 1 set (2 bolts) for the rear? im assuming the front wont need them, correct?
    you are correct. one for each wheel in the rear. the front camber bolts already comes with the car.

I just had my car alligned to the stock specs after my eibach install, and the rear camber bolts weren't needed. I already bought some though, so I'll probably keep them in case I decide to readjust my allignment for a more performance oriented setup.