Info on new tires I'm stuck with
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Info on new tires I'm stuck with within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Went down to my local subaru dealership this saturday for their yearly garage sale (all accessories on discount). They were ...

Info on new tires I'm stuck with

Went down to my local subaru dealership this saturday for their yearly garage sale (all accessories on discount). They were offering the 17" BBS RK's for a good price but you had to purchase the rubber. I argued with the manager but finally was basically told if I don't like the deal, then don't buy the wheels, so I bought the wheels and rubber. Cost to me was 475$ each canadian, works out to around $325 american, was pretty happy still with the deal. Now I'm trying to figure out what type of rubber this is I got with the wheels.

They are Remington XT-120 Z, 215 45ZR17 87W. Should also note it is mentioned on the tire that they are "Steel Belted Radials", made in Japan. 280 Tread, traction and temp with A rating.

What this tells me is a "max performance" all season tire with an extremly high speed rating. What is doesn't tell me is if these tires have a reputation for falling apart is 5000k etc... So if you know anything about these tires, please reply, and let me know $$value as well. I'm debating trading them in for a set of grippier "AA" summer radials which I really want.

B.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Remington tires are made by Dunlop. Here are the specs on the tire.

Here is a review from what I assume is a Miata owner.[
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.