Perrin endlinks installed and rear sway bar adjusted
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Perrin endlinks installed and rear sway bar adjusted within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was over at Dave's (SaggioWRX's) place to pick up some radios for our upcoming caravan, and I mentioned that ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Perrin endlinks installed and rear sway bar adjusted

I was over at Dave's (SaggioWRX's) place to pick up some radios for our upcoming caravan, and I mentioned that I wanted to move my rear sway bar down a notch since it was oversteering quite a bit. Dave says "You should get some Perrin Endlinks!" and I said "Hey good idea" so I contacted Garret and he hooked me up with them.

Dave and Jay (MojoHand on NASIOC) had done endlinks before, so they wanted to see how fast they could install them. With the two of them going, it took all but 10 minutes to install and move my sway bar down a notch. It was both funny and impressive...heh. Here's a (bad) pic of them installed:

My drive home was long, but mostly straight, so I didn't get to feel the difference very much. My initial impressions though are that my car rolls even less with them in, and my car feels MUCH more neutral with the sway bar moved to the medium setting. Before, even on freeway onramps, my turn-in would cause my rear end to start breaking loose, giving me a very uneasy feeling. Now, it feels a hell of a lot better and it just feels a lot more stable through the turn. I suppose I'll have some more things to say after our big caravan through the twisties of the Olympic Mountains next weekend
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet....urs is in the middle? mine is the inside one 24mm feels good but i dont pound on it and the re92 screech more then grip.

GARRET HOOKE ME UP 2!!!!!! hahahaha

i'm awaiting a test and review armin
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, it's in the middle now. On the outside one, my god my car would just oversteer enough to scare me. I'm a good driver, but not a professional driver by any means...so although drifting looks really badass in videos, I don't want to even attempt it unless I get some proper instruction, let alone with my daily driver.

I'm all about more neutral steering...at least with my own car
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

Originally posted by Verdugo
    Yep, it's in the middle now. On the outside one, my god my car would just oversteer enough to scare me. I'm a good driver, but not a professional driver by any means...so although drifting looks really badass in videos, I don't want to even attempt it unless I get some proper instruction, let alone with my daily driver.

I'm all about more neutral steering...at least with my own car
    i dont push the car on a daily basis to make it "daily drifting"
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Are those rims your Volks? I know it's a close and blurry picture, but it doesn't look like them.

i can answer this one.....yes they are volks
    Basically a Cobb Stage 2+lots of extras

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, those are my Volks I was taking a quick pic and didn't have the white balance and exposure adjusted correctly, hence the really bright wheels and bad focus.

I went on that onramp where I initially noticed the big oversteer just about an hour or so ago and WOW the car feels much more neutral and predictable now. No more scared Armin = happy Armin.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.