Please provide Wagon Specific Wheel Info - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Please provide Wagon Specific Wheel Info within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by wrx wagone Look on the inside of the wheel. thanks. someone just told me id have to ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Look on the inside of the wheel.
    thanks. someone just told me id have to take the tire off to see what the offset is. in anycase ill look when i get home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you definitely want to know what wheels/offset your running

sometimes you can peek into the inner rim and find the offset/brand/model- if not taking a wheel off is no biggie
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by gogetr View Post
    thanks. someone just told me id have to take the tire off to see what the offset is. in anycase ill look when i get home.
    Just to make sure, you don't need to unmount the tire. It is stamped on the hub side of the wheel.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Just to make sure, you don't need to unmount the tire. It is stamped on the hub side of the wheel.
    it looks like they have a 48 offset... soooo what i am wondering since i havent had a chance to put them on due to the weather and the kid hasnt sent me the lugs for those yet(could use my others i guess), with that offset, a bit of lowering, 225/45/17's on would they be more likely to rub on the front or back? tis on the inside of the tire. which offset should i go with when i buy new wheels? +52/+54? thinner and lower profile tires?

this car is killing my bank.

I Support ClubWRX
    48 et is a reasonable offset for 17x7.5" rims- so your in good shape there

225 is a "bubble" size for the wagon- sometimes they don't, sometime they do rub (many factors go into the rubbing issue- the width of the tires- not all 225's are created equal, rim width, offset, lowering of the car if any, spring rates, how is the car loaded, camber, etc)- if they rub it's almost always in the rear and almost always on the outboard side.

215/45 is almost always rub free for wagon.

I say go 225 (wider is better right? ) and give them a go, if you happen to get rubbing it's easily fixed- simply roll the rear fenders- easy to do and relatively inexpensive- http://www.rollyourfender.com/

If you decide on other wheels, a higher offset does help in regards to rubbing (outboard) as it bring the wheel in slightly- offsets over 48 are tough to come by (sans oe Subaru wheels) and even then no guarantee a 225 won't rub on a wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    48 et is a reasonable offset for 17x7.5" rims- so your in good shape there

225 is a "bubble" size for the wagon- sometimes they don't, sometime they do rub (many factors go into the rubbing issue- the width of the tires- not all 225's are created equal, rim width, offset, lowering of the car if any, spring rates, how is the car loaded, camber, etc)- if they rub it's almost always in the rear and almost always on the outboard side.

215/45 is almost always rub free for wagon.

I say go 225 (wider is better right? ) and give them a go, if you happen to get rubbing it's easily fixed- simply roll the rear fenders- easy to do and relatively inexpensive- http://www.rollyourfender.com/

If you decide on other wheels, a higher offset does help in regards to rubbing (outboard) as it bring the wheel in slightly- offsets over 48 are tough to come by (sans oe Subaru wheels) and even then no guarantee a 225 won't rub on a wagon
    mm thanks. but they rub on the inside. so if is in the rear rolling the fender would be pointless. but it could be possible they rub in the front when i turn. if they do rub in the rear on the inside i guess i could go with a offset under 48.

I Support ClubWRX
    if they are rubbing inboard then either lower offset wheels or spacers- of course as you move it outboard then you could have issues rubbing on the fender (easily remedied by rolling the fenders)

the fronts are seldom an issue

if they are rubbing inboard then either lower offset wheels or spacers- of course as you move it outboard then you could have issues rubbing on the fender (easily remedied by rolling the fenders)

the fronts are seldom an issue
    i thought about spacers but it doesnt realy seem like a safe thing to do. i could get a couple and see how the bolt up. the lugs seem a little short for that but maybe not. thanks yo.

I Support ClubWRX
    you can run a 2mm spacer safely (some have run 3mm, but it's pushing it)- 5mm REQUIRES longer studs

you can run a 2mm spacer safely (some have run 3mm, but it's pushing it)- 5mm REQUIRES longer studs
    i was looking at spacers... most come with longer studs. i know if i do get spacers/different wheels i will have to roll my fenders. not a big deal. i know enough people around here that i wont have to pay for a roller or to have it done. but im wondering if a 5mm spacer will be enough. i want to keep the tires at 45, but maybe run 235/45/17. do you think 235 are to low? here are a couple pictures of my other wheels and tires. you can see how they rub. one side is worse than the other for some reason.

im just trying to figure out a good way to get this fix, for now. i dont want to ride on steal rims for half of the summer till i can shell out enough cash for new ****. i dont know what the deal is with the file names... family reunion or something... whoop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stai  Fedie Picture Files 001 (1).jpg   Stai  Fedie Picture Files 001 (2).jpg   Stai  Fedie Picture Files 001 (3).jpg   Stai  Fedie Picture Files 001 (4).jpg   Stai  Fedie Picture Files 001.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    so your rubbing issue is inboard (rubbing against the strut)? if so a small spacer is just what the doctor ordered- 5mm is more than enough (longer studs too) I'd guess, might be worth trying 2mm and that way you don't have to swap out studs- the rear studs are more difficult to swap than front

when you move the tire outboard (w/ spacers) you will be more inclined to now rub outboard, but it sounds like you have the rolling covered

235/45/17 is taller than stock by a little, so more likely to rub- a taller tire on the WRX is often not desired due to the loss of "gearing", most go w/ oe height or shorter- I'd consider the 235/40/17 as an alternate 235 tire

Quote Originally Posted by MisterX View Post
    Somebody here has to have different springs and the same wheel / tire combination. I'd love to hear how the Eibachs perform on the wagon.

X
    I got the Eibach Pro Street springs on my 05 wagon. Lowered 1.2" the whole way around. Made the car look great, not too much of a lowering job, but perfect for the stance of the car. They improved handling but I still want to get coilovers and some sway bars. Besides a little more rigid ride, which i got used to, the car rides great. So, no complaints about the Eibachs on this end.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaru6161 View Post
    I got the Eibach Pro Street springs on my 05 wagon. Lowered 1.2" the whole way around. Made the car look great, not too much of a lowering job, but perfect for the stance of the car. They improved handling but I still want to get coilovers and some sway bars. Besides a little more rigid ride, which i got used to, the car rides great. So, no complaints about the Eibachs on this end.
    Pictures? i want to lower my 04 wagon but can find too much info on lowering springs for 04- 05 wagons
    Bugeye Mafia #185
    Blobeye Syndicate #38
    San Remo Alliance............#002

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456