Subaru WRX Forum banner

Please provide Wagon Specific Wheel Info

15K views 87 replies 36 participants last post by  c00lbeans 
#1 ·
Please provide Wagon Specific Info

I thought we should get some wagon specific info together - particularly what wheel and tyre combinations people are successfully (ie no rubbing) using on wagons.

Wheel offset becomes more inportant for us wagon crowd with the narrower wheel arches.

So what wheels and tyres are you guys running, particularly what wheel offsets?

Cheers,

Andrew

#82 ·
if they are rubbing inboard then either lower offset wheels or spacers- of course as you move it outboard then you could have issues rubbing on the fender (easily remedied by rolling the fenders)

the fronts are seldom an issue

#85 ·
i was looking at spacers... most come with longer studs. i know if i do get spacers/different wheels i will have to roll my fenders. not a big deal. i know enough people around here that i wont have to pay for a roller or to have it done. but im wondering if a 5mm spacer will be enough. i want to keep the tires at 45, but maybe run 235/45/17. do you think 235 are to low? here are a couple pictures of my other wheels and tires. you can see how they rub. one side is worse than the other for some reason.

im just trying to figure out a good way to get this fix, for now. i dont want to ride on steal rims for half of the summer till i can shell out enough cash for new ****. i dont know what the deal is with the file names... family reunion or something... whoop

#86 ·
so your rubbing issue is inboard (rubbing against the strut)? if so a small spacer is just what the doctor ordered- 5mm is more than enough (longer studs too) I'd guess, might be worth trying 2mm and that way you don't have to swap out studs- the rear studs are more difficult to swap than front

when you move the tire outboard (w/ spacers) you will be more inclined to now rub outboard, but it sounds like you have the rolling covered :)

235/45/17 is taller than stock by a little, so more likely to rub- a taller tire on the WRX is often not desired due to the loss of "gearing", most go w/ oe height or shorter- I'd consider the 235/40/17 as an alternate 235 tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.