New 2 piece DBA club spec rotors for oe calipers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2 piece DBA club spec rotors for oe calipers within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; DBA has designed a track ready two piece rotor for the oe (2 pot) calipers, designated the 5010. It utilizes ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

New 2 piece DBA club spec rotors for oe calipers

DBA has designed a track ready two piece rotor for the oe (2 pot) calipers, designated the 5010. It utilizes the same kangaroo design technology as their other rotors ( a series of different shaped pillers/columns that help pull hot air out of the rotor- also stiffen the rotor). It also manages to squeeze an additional mm in width and diameter. By my scale, about a 1 lb weight saving over oe- talking to Steve weight wasn't a concern- cooling/longevity were. Combine this with a worthy pad (running Enless CCX now, but switching to Ferodo DS2500's soon), ss lines and uprated fluid and you'll have brakes that will work on the track or getting the groceries.

Flash made the tops look a little different color than they are.
    Last edited by Big Sky WRX; 12-30-2005 at 08:06 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    another angle:
    Last edited by Big Sky WRX; 12-30-2005 at 08:06 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet. Cost?
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Looks good. I like the two piece design.
    2oo2 WRX Sdn
    'less is more'

What size wheels do you need to clear them?
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

I Support ClubWRX
    These will work w/ the oe (16X6.5) wheel, that's one reason I wanted them. Cost, I'm not sure- got them for Christmas .

Big Sky

Originally posted by Big Sky WRX
    These will work w/ the oe (16X6.5) wheel, that's one reason I wanted them. Cost
    YES! I don't care how much they cost now, I'm not a fan of big wheels and was not gonna up the size unless I absolutley had to. Seems now that I won't. I have hammered pretty hard on the oe rotors(some shake when they are cookin), but when the time to turn em comes along, I think I'll be sporting some DBA 5010's, steel lines and better pads, even considering one of those braces for the master cylinder(50/50 on that one).

Anyone have a fav fluid they might wanna mention?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I've got a setup much like your describing. I'm currently running Endless CCX pads front, NAYs rear- great pads, very expensive. I'll be swapping them for Ferodo DS2500s when there done (about $125 for the fronts vs $250 for the CCX, they spec (temp/friction coefficient) very close. I'm currently running the one piece DBA club spec rotors (very nice), Goodridge lines and Motul 600 fluid. I'm working on a duct system utilizing 2" high temp, reinforced silicone hose and our oe duct openings (still have a way to go). I've also considered the MRT booster bracket like you.

This type of brake setup will be more than up to any autox, rallyx and track day.

Big Sky

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.