any experience with COBB brake pads...

This is a discussion on any experience with COBB brake pads... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering if anyone has experience with these. I need some brake pads for my '02 WRX and originally I ...

any experience with COBB brake pads...

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these. I need some brake pads for my '02 WRX and originally I was looking at the Hawk HPS, but if they are a special order type of thing from my local shop, and they have to COBB parts, are they going to be somewhat comparable? Dusting, noise, performance, etc?? Any feedback is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Most certainly better than stock but a little dusty'r.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

i have cobb pads and i hate them. i have stoptech slotted rotors and cobb pads. they are really dusty pads, but that does not bother me that much. i can't stand how poorly they work. when braking from high speeds they heat up incredibly fast and the pedal goes to complete mush. i can feel the grooves grinding across the slots. i put them on back in april and they are really worn (was looking at them yesterday). i went on three drives this summer that would qualify as road course type track days and this was in the back hills of pa. driving around town the brakes work better than stock, but at any sort of fun speed to drive, they are not very assuring at all. i will be really happy when i try a different set. i will be keeping an eye on this thread to see what you pick. i will look into those
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I Support ClubWRX
    Hawk HPS here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I have em on my 2000 RS, and I actually like em. The pedal on the RS has a good bit of slack already and I don't really notice change of that. They are a bit dusty and they are a bit noisy but they grab pretty good. I personally like em a lot since I don't really care about brake dust at all. Cleaning em isn't really that hard either if you want to.

Personally I reccomend em, but then again, I haven't used Hawk HPSs
    2000 SRP 2.5RS - Cobb CAI, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, Borla Headers - Up next: Screw N/A, going swap...EJ207/K/G! (Whatever I can get my hands on...)