any experience with this tire?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on any experience with this tire? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have experience with the Falken Ziez Ze-512. After blowing a Toyo Proxes fz4, I wanna get a new set ...

any experience with this tire?

Anyone have experience with the Falken Ziez Ze-512. After blowing a Toyo Proxes fz4, I wanna get a new set to ensure no problems. These tires sound like they have pretty good reviews. Any feedback is appreciated before I make up my mind this week. By the way, my wheels are Prodrive P1's w/ 215/45/17 if that helps.

By the way, ordered my Invidia UP/DP...should be here next week. Stage 2 here I come!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haven't run them on the WRX, but I had a set on my old Stratus coupe, and they gave a good improvement over the stock Goodyears that came on it in handling and stuff.

Check out the Falken FK-451. Great on the dry, god-like in the wet. THey have a new 452 out, but I've heard you can find the 451 on closeout cheap. I'll put the 452 on near the end of summer since mine are getting pretty thin, but the last third of the tread is stickier and as long as it doesn't rain (which it rarely does here in summer) I'm enjoying the grip

Also, in the 215/45/17, Tire rack had Goodyear F1 GSD3's on sale for $88. It's a good tire as well. Comparable to the 451, but they say the goodyear has softer sidewalls. Some like the extra comfort, I prefer the better response of a stiff sidewall.
    Last edited by Racenut; 07-03-2006 at 10:12 PM.

Ike
    The Toyos are better than the Falken's. The Proxes 4's have stiffer sidewalls so they better in the dry and they just as good in the wet as the Falkens. Just because you had a blowout doesn't mean the particular tire is bad, it just means you had some bad luck.

I have been running the Falken Ziex 512's on my rex for over a year now. They make a HUGE improvement over stock and from my experience with tires, are a pretty decent high performance all season. They are good enough to use in snow, and decent for spirited driving on the dry.

If you need an all season tire I would recommend the Pnero M/S but those are expensive. If you cannot afford those, then the Falkens would be the next best thing IMO.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.