best bang for the buck: Rotors and Brake pads?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on best bang for the buck: Rotors and Brake pads? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok guys i have dome my reading and i dont wand crossdrilled rotors, but i want some good rotors that ...

Cool best bang for the buck: Rotors and Brake pads?

ok guys i have dome my reading and i dont wand crossdrilled rotors, but i want some good rotors that will not deform as fast as the OEMs, so i have all ready take the desition for the pads, i will go with 'greenstuff' pads (unless you recomend other .... ill have to do a research again)

I would like to just upgrade rotors and brake pads ( dont have money for anything else)

can you guys help me out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump because i know you all are online!!!

Id like to know what everyones opinions on this is also.
    Need new pads/rotors in the back sonic yellow 03 wagon.

Leaning towards the H6 conversion myself.. looks like its about $350ish to do this?

Any better options on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwooky
    Id like to know what everyones opinions on this is also.
    Need new pads/rotors in the back sonic yellow 03 wagon.

Leaning towards the H6 conversion myself.. looks like its about $350ish to do this?

Any better options on there?
    is that 'conversion' for the front or back brakes ?

PD: i was asking for front brakes and rear ones too

i think i will go with this rotors for the front brakes

http://store.mauromotorsports.com/brslrerofrpa2.html

I upgraded to RacingBrake slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads. I highly recommend them. I also have stainless lines, ATE Super Blue fluid, and a master cylinder brace.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The "old" greenstuff had a pretty poor reputation- I think they have reformulated them and appear to be much better (from my reading anyways).

The Hawk HPS also get good reviews for a day to day pad.

Rotors- the oe ones won't deform any quicker than almost any of the aftermarket ones (the exception would be the high end rotors from DBA/RacingBrake- only needed IMO if your tracking your car). I'd simply shop for price.

The "H6" upgrade simply replaces the oe 266x10mm solid rotors w/ a 290x10 solid ones- through the use of a new caliper locating bracket (oe calipers are re-used). This is nice mod as it moves bias slightly rearward and lets the rears do a little more of the "work". Worthwhile if your doing a lot of repeated, hard braking (track, vigerous canyon/mtn runs).
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    The "old" greenstuff had a pretty poor reputation- I think they have reformulated them and appear to be much better (from my reading anyways).

The Hawk HPS also get good reviews for a day to day pad.

Rotors- the oe ones won't deform any quicker than almost any of the aftermarket ones (the exception would be the high end rotors from DBA/RacingBrake- only needed IMO if your tracking your car). I'd simply shop for price.

The "H6" upgrade simply replaces the oe 266x10mm solid rotors w/ a 290x10 solid ones- through the use of a new caliper locating bracket (oe calipers are re-used). This is nice mod as it moves bias slightly rearward and lets the rears do a little more of the "work". Worthwhile if your doing a lot of repeated, hard braking (track, vigerous canyon/mtn runs).
    im not taking my wrx to the track (yet)... the thing is that I almost **** my pants a couple of weeks ago when i needed to stop the car and after a few seconds braking my foot went to the floor. I figured out that sloted rotors and better pads will fix this. ohhh.. and my rotor got bended (before that).

PD: my car is A/T

I Support ClubWRX
    A few seconds of braking your foot shouldn't go the floor. I'd get some quality fluid and do a full flush of your fluid first and soon.

Rotors rarely warp- unless you or someone happens to severly overtorque your lug nuts.

What will happen commonly is the pad material will unevenly deposit on the rotor- this will cause vibration under braking- many people erroneously think this warped rotors- it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    A few seconds of braking your foot shouldn't go the floor. I'd get some quality fluid and do a full flush of your fluid first and soon.

Rotors rarely warp- unless you or someone happens to severly overtorque your lug nuts.

What will happen commonly is the pad material will unevenly deposit on the rotor- this will cause vibration under braking- many people erroneously think this warped rotors- it's not.
    what fluid would you recomend? and does SS lines will also help me ?

I have allways liked powerslot rotors and hawk brake pads, they seem to be a perfect match for each other. I am looking to purchase some powerslots for my 06 along with hawk HPS brake pads. The problem is that hawk doesn't make a front pad for the 06 yet. I was thinking of trying some brake pads made by carbotech. I have heard good things about them from others. This is a good thread because everyone can express their opinions on different rotors/pads.
    06-wrx: stage 2 and loving every minute of it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by orvtech
    what fluid would you recomend? and does SS lines will also help me ?
    I think ATE is a good choice as it comes in two colors- makes it easy when your flushing as you can see the new fluid come through. Thenext flush you just buy the other color. Has pretty high boiling points as well.

SS lines will expand less than the oe ruber lines- this translates to a slightly firmer pedal- they are also sturdier than the rubber ones.

Hawk makes pads for the 06- the 06 uses the same pads as the 300ZX- FMSI DD460 front/ FMSI D461 rear

Thanks for the info. I was planning to give em a call but haven't had the chance. I will be able to get my rotors and pads now. Thanks
    06-wrx: stage 2 and loving every minute of it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.