Poltec end links with Hotchkis / Cobb rear sway bar
Results 1 to 6 of 6

This is a discussion on Poltec end links with Hotchkis / Cobb rear sway bar within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have read how you need to use the spacers differently when using these bars. After looking at the possible ...

  1. #1
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,062
    I Support ClubWRX

    Poltec end links with Hotchkis / Cobb rear sway bar

    I have read how you need to use the spacers differently when using these bars. After looking at the possible combinations I have installed them as shown below. All seems OK, no noise or clearance issues. The links are nearly vertical. I have the bar at the middle position.


    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,062
    I Support ClubWRX
    For reference what the stock bar (FHI 20mm in this case) looks like with the Poltecs:

    Poltec end links and FHI 20mm sway bar install
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  4. #3
    Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Plains of Eastern Montana
    Posts
    12,342
    I Support ClubWRX
    The Hotchkis/Cobb bars require a link- in mounting- you look good to go

    How do you like the bigger bars?
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

  5. #4
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,898
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    The Hotchkis/Cobb bars require a link- in mounting- you look good to go
    I just installed my Cobb bar 2 weeks ago.
    I like mine.

    I just sent off for my PolTec's yesterday. Between those and hopefully replacing my crummy tires in a few weeks, I'm hoping for a big gain in handling.

    Bill, I noticed that you're running your bar in the middle setting (or so it says in your mod list). I'm still on the soft setting. I intend to go to the middle when I install my links. Will I feel a big difference?

    Also, do you recommend the Cobb/Hotchkis front bar for daily street use?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  6. #5
    Registered User wrx wagone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phillytown, PA
    Posts
    10,774
    Looks good Bill! I guess I'll see how it works this weekend at the AutoX.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

  7. #6
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,062
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I just installed my Cobb bar 2 weeks ago.
    I like mine.

    I just sent off for my PolTec's yesterday. Between those and hopefully replacing my crummy tires in a few weeks, I'm hoping for a big gain in handling.

    Bill, I noticed that you're running your bar in the middle setting (or so it says in your mod list). I'm still on the soft setting. I intend to go to the middle when I install my links. Will I feel a big difference?

    Also, do you recommend the Cobb/Hotchkis front bar for daily street use?
    A big difference? I would think so as the stiffness rate jumps from 50% to 90% compared to stock. It is certainly worth a try on your wagon. You can always change it back.

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Looks good Bill! I guess I'll see how it works this weekend at the AutoX.
    I think they worked very well.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •