Subaru WRX Forum banner

Aftermarket wheel offset

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  WVRex2010 
#1 ·
Hello i am new to the forum i just bought a 2004 wrx a couple days ago and was wanting to put some nice aftermarket wheels on it like koing or motegi racing. I want to put 18x8 wheels on it. i have no problem finding the 5x100 bolt pattern but can seem to find ANY wheels i like with over +50 offset. The most i could seem to find was +45. I plan on putting some coilovers on the car in the future too and was wondering how those size rims would look or even fit. thanks please help me out it would be greatly appreciated!!!

#6 ·
Consider investing in some decent hardware. It's rarely a good move to cheap out on suspension.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#9 · (Edited)
They are bottom-of-the-barrel.

A good rule of thumb for coilovers:

<$1200 -- cheap (budget)
$1200- $2500 -- mid range
$2500 -- high end

FYR, a good spring/strut combo will set you back around $1200 and greatly outperform budget coilovers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Whats your purpose for the coils? Is it mainly for performance, or are you just looking to lower your car? If you just wanna lower your car like Zax said you could pick up a set of KYB GR2's and put on a set of lowering springs like the Eibach pro kit. Again that's only if youre looking to lower the car. If your goal is performance, save up until you can afford a quality set of coils as stated already. Either way congrats on the new car, I would have killed to have a wrx in highschool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.