Wheels for 2016 wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wheels for 2016 wrx within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all, I am a fairly new owner to a 2016 base wrx. My first mods are gonna be wheels. ...

Wheels for 2016 wrx

Hello all,

I am a fairly new owner to a 2016 base wrx. My first mods are gonna be wheels. I'm looking to upgrade those 17" wheels to 18". I've done a bit of research and looking for some final advice before I pull the trigger on ordering some wheels.
    My goal is to have a flushed look, a tiny bit sticking out is ok. Not extremely meaty, but not too thin either. I live in the PNW where it rains often, but doesn't really snow. I've come to the conclusion with the following:

wheel + tire:
    18x8.5 +40 offset in 245/35/R18 tires

A more meaty combo:
    18x9.5 + 42 offset in 265/35/R18 tires

Are those combo's okay in terms of clearing fenders without rolling, fitting correctly, not requiring stretched tires, etc?

Thanks,

Butterrz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

THE Resident Non-shifter JaySin's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stock 18" are 18x8.5 +55 w/ 245/40/18 tires. Just keep that mind. I ordered wheels and went with the stock size, but with a slightly less offset +47.

Many people are doing 18x9.5 +38 on 265/35/18 with no rubbing. However, I personally didn't want to shop new tires as well so I stuck with the stock sizing...plus slight weight/cost increase.

Edit: Just noticed that was your first post. Congrats and welcome by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Stock 18" are 18x8.5 +55 w/ 245/40/18 tires. Just keep that mind. I ordered wheels and went with the stock size, but with a slightly less offset +47.

Many people are doing 18x9.5 +38 on 265/35/18 with no rubbing. However, I personally didn't want to shop new tires as well so I stuck with the stock sizing...plus slight weight/cost increase.

Edit: Just noticed that was your first post. Congrats and welcome by the way!
    I bought the base model so it came with 17'' tires as well so I figure I can do the entire upgrade combo aftermarket, cheaper than buying the premium. (I wasn't interested at all in any of the features, except maybe foglights which I'll do next)
    I'll do some more research on the 18x9.5 + 38 with 265 wheels. I think I'd like that set up more, and if it doesn't rub, that'd be great!

Thank you for the warm welcome! (coming from a bmw e46 330ci )

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by butterrz View Post
    I bought the base model so it came with 17'' tires as well so I figure I can do the entire upgrade combo aftermarket, cheaper than buying the premium. (I wasn't interested at all in any of the features, except maybe foglights which I'll do next)
    I'll do some more research on the 18x9.5 + 38 with 265 wheels. I think I'd like that set up more, and if it doesn't rub, that'd be great!

Thank you for the warm welcome! (coming from a bmw e46 330ci )
    Yeah it's not a bad route to go. Consider future suspension mods too though.
    330ci to WRX, huh? That's a change for sure. I went from a WRX to a G37 coupe back to a WRX so it happens!
    Which color did you go with? I've got the CWP and went the bronze wheel route. One of my favorite combos.
    Enjoy the ride...post some pics (330 too / we like car pics!)...let us know which wheels you get.

Yeah it's not a bad route to go. Consider future suspension mods too though.
    330ci to WRX, huh? That's a change for sure. I went from a WRX to a G37 coupe back to a WRX so it happens!
    Which color did you go with? I've got the CWP and went the bronze wheel route. One of my favorite combos.
    Enjoy the ride...post some pics (330 too / we like car pics!)...let us know which wheels you get.
    Wow I was actually gonna go G37 but opted for WRX instead after driving a buddies G37 around, it felt like driving a tank.
    I went with lapis blue. I'm probably gonna stick with the blue on black look. CWP and bronze is VERY nice as well.
    I'll post pics after the wheels are in place!

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow I was actually gonna go G37 but opted for WRX instead after driving a buddies G37 around, it felt like driving a tank.
    I went with lapis blue. I'm probably gonna stick with the blue on black look. CWP and bronze is VERY nice as well.
    I'll post pics after the wheels are in place!
    The funny thing is that dark grey wheels actually look pretty good on that lapis blue. Would you consider buying those 18" 2016 wheels off someone? I'm sure you can find those around. They're not bad looking wheels and might save you some $. Black is good too though.
    As for the G37...great car...flawless during ownership and fast as hell...but ultimately boring to drive and had a lot of body roll. The new Q60 with the twin turbos though...that has my attention!

The funny thing is that dark grey wheels actually look pretty good on that lapis blue. Would you consider buying those 18" 2016 wheels off someone? I'm sure you can find those around. They're not bad looking wheels and might save you some $. Black is good too though.
    As for the G37...great car...flawless during ownership and fast as hell...but ultimately boring to drive and had a lot of body roll. The new Q60 with the twin turbos though...that has my attention!
    I've been looking at pictures and I'm thinking of settling with the 18x9.5 +40. I like it's aggressive and meaty look on the wrx. Unless someone is selling it for real cheap! lol

I Support ClubWRX
    I've been looking at pictures and I'm thinking of settling with the 18x9.5 +40. I like it's aggressive and meaty look on the wrx. Unless someone is selling it for real cheap! lol
    Any brands or spoke patterns in particular you're drawn to? Twin spokes, 5 spokes, 10+ spokes, concave, etc? I went with the Work Emotion CR Ultimates. I had to have them.

Any brands or spoke patterns in particular you're drawn to? Twin spokes, 5 spokes, 10+ spokes, concave, etc? I went with the Work Emotion CR Ultimates. I had to have them.
    I'm looking at these right now on subispeed
    Miro Type 111 Wheels 18x9.5 +40mm (Matte Black) - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI - Wheels - Wheels and Accessories - 2015+ Subaru WRX

what do you think? Are they too cheap? I'm not gonna be tracking or anything lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Miro Type 111 Wheels 18x9.5 +40mm (Matte Black) - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI - Wheels - Wheels and Accessories - 2015+ Subaru WRX

what do you think? Are they too cheap? I'm not gonna be tracking or anything lol
    Honestly, I don't know a THING about that brand, but they're not bad looking. I think Enkei might have a similar looking one.
    You'll get some more input I'm sure. Lots of people like to talk wheels around here.

How much are you looking to spend?
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    How much are you looking to spend?
    I'm not looking for anything more than $1000 for wheels (still gotta buy tires too)
    I don't really mind mid quality wheels. I might even consider xxr, but looking at other posts, people seem to freak out when xxr's are mentioned so.. yeah

I'm not gonna be tracking it or anything. Just wanted a fun daily commute with some nice wheels for looks. I'm more of a all show no go kind of guy, which is why I bought this car so it has the GO for me already lol.

I Support ClubWRX

I know of several people who have Miro wheels and they're very happy with them. Based on all reviews and feedback I've seen they make a fine wheel. More than adequate for your needs. I absolutely love the design of the 111's. They're similar to Enkei Raijin's but more concave. I say go for it, that would look friggin sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Presto2112 View Post
    I know of several people who have Miro wheels and they're very happy with them. Based on all reviews and feedback I've seen they make a fine wheel. More than adequate for your needs. I absolutely love the design of the 111's. They're similar to Enkei Raijin's but more concave. I say go for it, that would look friggin sweet!
    Thanks! They do look really nice and are priced pretty competitively. I've owned the car for less than 24 hours, so I'll give it a week or so before I put in the order. BTW, you don't think wheels would void my warranty in anyway right?

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks! They do look really nice and are priced pretty competitively. I've owned the car for less than 24 hours, so I'll give it a week or so before I put in the order. BTW, you don't think wheels would void my warranty in anyway right?
    Actually, they'll probably throw you directly in jail if you put new wheels on.
    Kiddin' nah yer good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.