Post alignment review - For a friend
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Post alignment review - For a friend within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I have a buddy who for whatever reason has come to me with advice on getting his WRX aligned. ...

Post alignment review - For a friend

Hello,

I have a buddy who for whatever reason has come to me with advice on getting his WRX aligned. I have told him numerous times to go to the forums and see what information is out there. That being said, could you please review his post alignment sheet and let me know your thoughts? I was surprised to see the rear camber exceed the front. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg950-1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	207033
    Last edited by snkeyez95; 06-30-2015 at 09:10 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year is his car? Is he lowered?

That's significant rear camber, my guess is he's lowered and has a 08+ car meaning the rear is not adjustable.
    The toe looks spot on and front camber is at a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    What year is his car? Is he lowered?

That's significant rear camber, my guess is he's lowered and has a 08+ car meaning the rear is not adjustable.
    The toe looks spot on and front camber is at a good spot.
    Thanks A265 for reply. His car is 2010 and has Raceland's adjustable damping coilover kit. It does have both front and rear adjustable camber plates.

I'm not sure how he could have rear adjustable camber plates on a double wishbone suspension setup.

To have rear adjustability on 08+ cars you must get adjustable lower control arms, or specific bushings that are a PITA. Since he has coilovers (cheap and generally considered junk brand) it would explain why he has such high negative camber.

Thanks...I was 'told' his rears were camber adjustable. So I'm assuming based on the lack of adjustability in the rear, the lowering of the car is was changed the rear camber as much as it did, and since it not adjustable something that can't be dialed back?

Thanks again.

Unless if he has adjustable lower control arms no they can't be adjusted.

It's not a great set-up. The rear camber is pretty drastic and will cause some tire wear. The rest is ok. really kind of depends on what he is doing with the car, though. For daily it's fine except for the rear tire wear. If he wants to autoX or whatnot I would suggest dialing in a little more negative camber up front.
    Member of the 2015 WRX owners black sheep club
    A WRX/STI beginners Guide:
    No one can decide if an STI or WRX is right for you. Drive them and decide.
    Yes, that requires a tune...
    Read your owners manual.
    Don't drive like an idiot.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.