Subaru WRX Forum banner

02' WRX Wagon: Do I Need Spacers For Kartboy REAR End links With White line RSB?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jackstand Johnny 
#1 ·
I found a really good deal on a White line adjustable rear sway bar with Kartboy end links. Used of course. So I've searched and searched and haven't found an answer. Will I need spacers or thick washers to line these Kartboy end links up vertically like you need when doing the front swaybar and end links? I'm getting them both used off CL so I doubt it will come with everything originally iincluded. I'm not even sure if using Kartboy end links on a white line rear sway bar has the same alignment issues it has when using this combo on the front.

Can someone who's done this with a wagon please help me out here? I also can't find washers or spacers for sale online for the rear end links. I can only find them for the front and I'm pretty certain those won't work at all. Thanks iin advance.

#2 ·
Anyone? Little help here? Then seller actually dropped the price down to $90 for me so I'm definitely getting iit! Id like to order or go to a hardware store and buy any washers or spacers I'll need as soon as possible so I don't have to wait longer to install iit than I have to. Can somebody help me out? Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
I'm not sure how the 02 is set up.
Buying spacers and a few washers can't hurt.
That way your covered for any situation.
Try PMing Sasquatch, I believe he did his endlinks recently.

#4 ·
I was told that the sedan and and wagon both have the same size rear sway bars so theoretically no, you don't. I'd buy the spacers anyway. They're $5 and will save you time in the long run if you need it. But if you're really that concerned ask someone over on Rally Sport Direct.

#5 ·
OK so there are specific spacers for just this purpose? Anyone know who makes them, where to buy them or what size they are? Because I have several aluminum and steel spacers from motorcycles that might work and I know where to get more but I'd need to know how thick they need to be along with the outside diameter. Will it be obvious when I get the RSB and end links? I'd still need to know what thickness they need to be and where they go. Thanks for the info guys!

#7 ·
Thank you guys! I'm finally getting around to installing my RSB tomorrow...err today and was just double checking my research on Google and found this thread again! I also realized that the brackets and bracket mounts I got with my used WL RSB are the newer stronger version so that's a bonus. Points are being deducted for painting them and using old clear coat that went bad, turned my black satin finish ish grey and peeled like all hell. I don't have the time nor the will to strip them and repaint them so its a good thing they're well hidden. Maybe some day down the road. Anyways thanks again and HAPPY HALOWEEN!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.