2015 WRX Coilovers
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Coilovers within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any opinions on the best brand without hurting my wallet too bad ? I only intend on driving my car ...

2015 WRX Coilovers

Any opinions on the best brand without hurting my wallet too bad ?

I only intend on driving my car on the streets for regular use, no racing. But I want a reliable setup that's not going to give me any issues.
    I see Coilovers on subispeed.com ranging from $899-$5000 but I would like to keep my budget around $1500
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Don't know what all they make for the '15 so far, but I know Fortune Auto makes a great coilover, as well as KW.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would first question WHY you want coilovers on the '15 in the first place and go from there. What are you hoping to accomplish besides agitating hemorrhoids?

I just like the look I'm guessing you disagree with that but that's your opinion

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmarsh790 View Post
    I just like the look I'm guessing you disagree with that but that's your opinion
    You didn't answer the question. You just want it lowered? Coilovers will add much more stiffness to an already stiff car. Plus it's more expensive than some alternatives. I like the look of a lowered car...about an inch. More than that and it's just ghetto. Nothing wrong with closing in the wheel gap a bit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your way better off to get some nice struts and springs.
    Then if anything upgrade you endlinks and bushings.
    And even swaybars should you feel the need.
    Coilovers on a 2015, will make the ride incredibly jarring.
    I would ask around and see if anyone is using coilovers on their 15.
    That way you get get an opinion and actually feel what the coilovers will do to your car.
    Keep us updated on your progress.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    The 15 are already nicely done from the factory. I can't imagine how much farther down you need to go lol
    If there's springs out already I don't think there's much of a drop...maybe a little. Cool overs are good for track use but terrible for a daily so keep that in mind.
    A good set of springs and struts will both drop it nicely and provide a good ride comfort
    Stinkeye member 520

Thanks for all the advice I always was under the impression struts and springs was the "cheap" way to go but I guess I was wrong lol

I Support ClubWRX
    A good set of coil overs will be more than struts and springs. Cheaper coil overs and you'll most likely regret it
    Stinkeye member 520

2015 WRX Coilovers

Try and find some reviews or ride in a 15 with similar setup to what you want. I rode in my friends 08 Sti with coils and didn't mind the harshness at all. Put the same setup on my 14 hatch and its 👌
    Daily it as well. Lowered about 2-3 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 WRX ISM Hatch

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    do not go cheap lowering with the ride... but with that said... market is gonna be a tad limited for the 2015 models because they are still relatively new... but also... don't lower it... they are already stanced pretty well from the factory...
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

yeah I'm also looking to lower, but only interested in an inch or so, and coil overs seem like a pricey option for just an inch drop. Not sure if it's worth it. I too thought that springs were always the cheap way to go, or so I've been told. But never lowered a car so I'm not sure.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
    yeah I'm also looking to lower, but only interested in an inch or so, and coil overs seem like a pricey option for just an inch drop. Not sure if it's worth it. I too thought that springs were always the cheap way to go, or so I've been told. But never lowered a car so I'm not sure.
    I am in a similar boat... the way I see it... the cost of lowering an inch or inch and half isn't worth it when that money could be used on other modifications to improve the car... unless of course you are DYING to have it lowered and fit that look...
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Coilovers don't make the ride jarring or harsh. Bad/cheap coilovers make the ride poor. Good coilovers ride better than factory setups and perform better. I have AST coilovers on my miata track car with rates way stiffer than stock rates, and I like their ride and love their performance. I personally wouldn't hesitate to put coilovers on my DD as long as they were good ones. I'd expect that you need to spend $2k+ to get a set that rides and performs well. You also need to keep the ride height at a suitable height to make sure the shocks have enough travel.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    Coilovers don't make the ride jarring or harsh. Bad/cheap coilovers make the ride poor. Good coilovers ride better than factory setups and perform better. I have AST coilovers on my miata track car with rates way stiffer than stock rates, and I like their ride and love their performance. I personally wouldn't hesitate to put coilovers on my DD as long as they were good ones. I'd expect that you need to spend $2k+ to get a set that rides and performs well. You also need to keep the ride height at a suitable height to make sure the shocks have enough travel.

Miatas aren't Subarus. I've ridden in plenty of fairly expensive coil over setup cars, and while cheap is definitely worse, even expensive coilovers don't offer some nice nice comfortable ride. KW V3's are ~ $2K, and they're definitely more harsh than stock.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.