Stiffer but not lower
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stiffer but not lower within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does this option exist for the 2011+ hatch? I've done some googling over the past few months, and I see ...

pw-

Stiffer but not lower

Does this option exist for the 2011+ hatch? I've done some googling over the past few months, and I see two options:

1. Find some coilovers with adjustable height. - I don't want to go that stiff. If this is the only option, I'll reluctantly keep the stock suspension.

2. Get some King springs. - I've looked into this, and it seems King makes a stiffer-not-lower spring for all model years aside from 08+

I find the suspension to be a bit too soft, and not just in the roll department. Sway bars are also on the list, but I think that a stiffer spring/shock combo is a must as well. Seeing as there's a solid 50 feet of car in front of the front wheels, I really don't want to lower the car any. I'm already taking certain ramps at an angle. Does the option I'm looking for exist for my generation?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes stiffer springs are available, just search some parts suppliers.
    First I would do the swaybars endlinks and start replacing bushings.
    Those will stiffen the ride pretty well.
    Coilovers will make the ride hard and jarring, not very comfortable.
    Look for spring strut combos, others will agree this is a better and les expensive option.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Try Primitive Enterprises but make sure you specify you have a road car. They should have stiffer but not lower springs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

pw-
    I see these King springs on primitive's site: Std Height King Springs 2008+ WRX, 2.5i Impreza -stock height - Primitive Racing

They seem to raise the car by up to half an inch, and aren't approved by King for WRX use, though they're not condemning their use in WRXes either. I don't want to go higher. I don't want to go lower. I want the exact ride height of the stock WRX but with a stiffer ride. Seems to be a vague topic and difficult to find.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pw- View Post
    I see these King springs on primitive's site: Std Height King Springs 2008+ WRX, 2.5i Impreza -stock height - Primitive Racing

They seem to raise the car by up to half an inch, and aren't approved by King for WRX use, though they're not condemning their use in WRXes either. I don't want to go higher. I don't want to go lower. I want the exact ride height of the stock WRX but with a stiffer ride. Seems to be a vague topic and difficult to find.
    It is, yes. Talk to Primitive. There may be a way to get those springs and maintain exact ride height also, or they may have other springs in mind. Worth a try.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

pw-
    I'll give them a call on Monday. Seems to be the best bet. Thanks for the advice!

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pw- View Post
    I'll give them a call on Monday. Seems to be the best bet. Thanks for the advice!
    good luck!

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Look into RCE Black springs as well.

Rce blacks are great, I have the regular guys on my 13 wrx and love them. They do, however, lower the car a noticeable amount visually. You aren't going low low but it's definitely not stock height. Like and inch down.
    fear is the mind killer

I saw a set of Tanabe GF210 on RSD's website that I was looking into myself. Minimal lowering on our cars: .8" front and .6" rear, even less for my sedan. Might wanna check them out.
    -JB

I'm interested in the same thing as the OP. I like the ride height of the car but want a stiffer ride. I was looking at RCE yellow springs thinking that they are stiffer but will lower the car less vs. the black springs. Is that not right? Also, can you keep the stock shocks if you get stiffer springs?

i will def be keeping an eye on this thread. ive had the same attitude about this since i got the whip in Jan. at one point i said, i'll just suck it up and get some coilovers and call it a day. now im considering putting in the work to set up some springs and strut inserts.

I Support ClubWRX
    Others beat me to it, but King springs offer what you're looking for. Ken at Primitive is very familiar with the GR hatches, and should be able to help you out.

Side note: Primitive is based just a few minutes from my house.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.