Subaru WRX Forum banner

Adjustable Coilovers

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  zax 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Anyone have any recommendations on adjustable coilovers or brands without being way to expensive preferably under the $1000 mark?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
For adjustable coilovers there's only a couple good options, and they're all over $2000. Under $1000 AUD (~$780 USD) isn't even enough to get a half way decent non-adjustable coilover. In fact, you could spend twice that and still end up with a coilover that doesn't perform as well as a good spring/strut combo.

My recommendation is springs and new struts..

#5 ·
I can't tell you what the best is but I'll tell you what I did.

I bought a set of K Sport Kontrol coilovers and set them up at -1.5". The appear to be of good quality. You set ride height independently of pressure on the springs, rebound is adjustable.

Ride is firm and cornering is better, although I have other chassis bracing, sway bars and end links installed.

I read about people trash talking Ksport before buying them and bought them anyways. I spent $960. I daily drive the car,never been to a track and haven't even had the car for a year since buying new in March, so time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.