Subaru WRX Forum banner

HELP==Tires and Sizing= 15 WRX

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  KCrexx1 
#1 ·
Hello ALL, I need your help please.

I am interested in getting rims and I want to go with 18's.

I have seen many different combos and what I'm looking for is something that will not affect the speedo or rub fender or any part of the car.

looking to be close stock 245/40 off: +55

Like to go with a 255/35 because of the look

How important is it that I stay closer to the stock offset? what issues does it cause
Can I go 18x9 or 18x8 if the rim isn't available in 18x8.5? I know I can't go to wide but figured .5 isn't much because others have done it but is it causing problems

seen offset as low as 22mm is that ok and does it cause any issues?

I am sorry for all the questions but I need to make sure if I'm spending 2 grand on rims that I'm not going to run into problems.

THANKS TO WHOEVER CAN HELP ME WITH THIS!!!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Personally, I wouldn't go with an offset lower than about +42mm. The lower the offset, the more the wheels stick out from the car, which will make them rub on the fenders, and it also puts a lot of strain on the suspension components, specifically wheel bearings, which will wear out prematurely with a low offset wheel on there.

18x8 should be just fine.. 18x9 might work, but it will be heavier, and from a purely performance aspect there will be no advantage to the wider wheel. You will get worse gas mileage, and the ride will suffer.. it might also have issues with rubbing, but I've never really looked into what will/won't rub on a 2015.. my car was made in 2002. Same with the tires.. 255 wide would be more likely to rub (it's wider), but I can't say whether or not if it will rub, because I've never looked into wheel/tire fitment on the 2015 models.

If you're in a hurry, and you want to know if a particular setup will rub or not, you could make a call to tirerack.com. They seem to be up to date on what rubs and what doesn't on specific year models.

#6 ·
Hey man I also have a 2015 WRX and I just added 18x9.5 +33 wheels with 245/40/18 tires. I then put cusco zero A coils on and lowered it by an inch. I tested the car by having 5 people load up in it and did a hard corner and i still had no rubbing. You should be fine with the setup your looking at since there is such a big gap with the stock suspension.

#7 ·
Hey 2015rex. Can you post some pics of how your wrx looks now with that setup. I'd love to see it man. What's your Instagram follow me @ cashmoneykc. Thanks. I appreciate the help. I'm getting ready to pick but it's hard too lol so many choices. You don't notice any problems with that low of an offset at all. Suspension feel or driving wise. I read it puts strain on suspension when you stray far away from stock offset like high to a low one. Idk just something I read.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.