Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 Snow Boots (Dunlop Winter Maxx)

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Oilypablo 
#1 ·
Just got some snow boots put on last night, Dunlopp Winter Maxx. I was originally going to go with the General Altimax Artic, but I got a pretty good deal on these and $40 mounting and balance. I haven't tested these in the snow yet, but the ride quality of the vehicle has improved 10fold. I drive on mostly city streets, and with the stock Dunlop summers, I felt every little pebble. These really smooth out the ride, it's like I'm just float along :wiggles:

What is everyone else using for their winter setup?

#2 ·
These really smooth out the ride, it's like I'm just float along :wiggles:

What is everyone else using for their winter setup?
Xi3, and they work very well. Unlike you though I don't like "floating along" - I'd rather the roads were snow covered with cold temps if I have to drive with winter tires. That being said, I was running all seasons since buying the car so I can't comment on the stock rubber yet.

#3 ·
General altimax 17. Just took them on a 600 mile road trip to west virginia, and definitely know I'm on snows. They also are "floaty", but I know come the snow these will stick me to the road like glue. I definitely see the warmer Temps ~55 soften up the tire, but they stiffened right up when it was 18 out. Overall I got these for the grip price and longevity. I will save the extra spirited driving for the spring though.

#4 ·
West Virginia, eh? Which part? Hope you got to partake in some of our awesome roads.

OP, I like feeling every little pebble in the road, hate the "floaty" feeling you guys are talking about. :(

#5 ·
I was down near Shepherdstown for a conference. I did enjoy the few back roads I was on. I have to admit I did turn the dial up on "Country Roads" by John Denver as motivation. It reminds me of my upstate NY roads. Good twistys and scenery !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.