How much will it cost to get STI suspension on my WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How much will it cost to get STI suspension on my WRX? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i have a 2003 subaru WRX (sedan) and it sits pretty low to the ground, and i believe it ...

How much will it cost to get STI suspension on my WRX?

So i have a 2003 subaru WRX (sedan) and it sits pretty low to the ground, and i believe it has stock WRX suspension. (but i could be wrong) Anyway yesterday i was at the grocery store and there was a white WRX STI (hawkeye) parked so i was admiring it, the girl that owned it walked out and i explained that i was just checking it out and wanted to know what suspension it had on it since it sat noticeably higher then my WRX. She said that its just stock STI suspension, she didn't really know the brand or anything (typical girl) so now i really would like to get some suspension on my wrx that makes it sit a tid bit higher from the ground because I live up a dirt road and I basically just go insanely slow up it with my car since it will for sure scrape if I rally up it...But i want to be able to rally up it.

Question: about how much will it cost me to get STI suspension put on my car?? I know suspension is usually pretty pricy because I put "Fabtech" suspension on my Toyota tacoma years ago and it cost me about 2,000 for parts and labor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you are going to replace the struts, you might as well get adjustable coil overs.
    They vary in price from like$800 for Tein street basics, to over $3,000.
    Check some of the stickies, and check out different brands and prices.
    Hopefully others will share there suspension experiences as well.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

MTM
    yours is probably dropped on springs or sagging. I dont think the STI is much higher than the WRX

Sounds like you do have some aftermarket springs on it of some sort. Stock STI suspension sits about average...and only a tad lower than Bugeye height.

Thing is though, only 04 STI compatible suspension parts would fit on yours because 05-07 STI had different hubs/struts/knuckles.

I'd shy away from coilovers if you want something more stockish looking. If you spend $800 on coilovers, you're going to hate your life. Your kidneys will also hate you.

Spend $1000 total to get: Group-N tophats, KYB AGX or Koni inserts for struts, and some RCE black springs. Throw in a set of camber bolts. Pay for a custom alignment at about -1.5 degrees all around, zero toe, zero caster...and you'll have a very nice riding and handling car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    If you are going to replace the struts, you might as well get adjustable coil overs.

I would only get coilovers if you're looking to spend $2400+ and have a reason to need adjustability. Good springs and struts will out perform any budget oriented coilover. For 95% of people, aftermarket struts are a better option than coilovers.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame
    I would only get coilovers if you're looking to spend $2400+ and have a reason to need adjustability. Good springs and struts will out perform any budget oriented coilover. For 95% of people, aftermarket struts are a better option than coilovers.
    HVT/ST make decent budget coilovers for the GD chassis, in the ~$1000 range.

I'll agree that for the money, you're probably better with a strut/spring setup, there are some decent inexpensive coilovers on the market (this does NOT include BC, ISC, Megan Racing, etc.).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

MTM
    The Tein Basics that I have on my car I actually like ok. Not sure I would have droppped the 1k they cost new but they are on there so all good.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The previous owner of my car had Tein Flex coilovers installed (~$1600), and I must say.. they were complete junk compared to my KYB AGX struts with Eibach Prokit Springs. Include the fact that the coilovers need frequent rebuilding (at $1200 a pop) and my AGX struts are still doing great 60,000 miles later.. springs/struts are the way to go.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.