Question about wheel fitment.

This is a discussion on Question about wheel fitment. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need winter wheels, I weighed my options and decided a used set of OEM rims was probably my best ...

Question about wheel fitment.

I need winter wheels, I weighed my options and decided a used set of OEM rims was probably my best bet. So, the question is, which OEM Subaru rims fit?

My car is a 2014 WRX hatch. I was thinking of going with 16" rims so that I can have a little more sidewall for the terrible road conditions we have here on Long Island and on my frequent trips to VT. All of those web based calculators claim 16" OEM rims from say a mid 2000s WRX don't fit, but then I see image after image of guys running the exact rims on my car.

Any information on fitment will help... and before you ask, yes I did search and found a ton of threads referencing the older body stile cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Early GD wheels will work with your car just fine
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
    I need winter wheels, I weighed my options and decided a used set of OEM rims was probably my best bet. So, the question is, which OEM Subaru rims fit?

My car is a 2014 WRX hatch. I was thinking of going with 16" rims so that I can have a little more sidewall for the terrible road conditions we have here on Long Island and on my frequent trips to VT. All of those web based calculators claim 16" OEM rims from say a mid 2000s WRX don't fit, but then I see image after image of guys running the exact rims on my car.

Any information on fitment will help... and before you ask, yes I did search and found a ton of threads referencing the older body stile cars.
    Make sure the 16s will clear the brake calipers, some don't. I ended up with 17s alloy cheap but look ok. The plane black rim ( The cheapest)
    Wouldn't clear the brakes.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX

I have 16in steelies and they clear just fine ....ugly as sin but fit fine.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...66834&page=20/
    Last edited by cflip2x; 09-12-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

winter tires

Quote Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post

I have the exact same car, i went with a set of black steelie 16" rims, with pirelli sottozero. they fit really well low additional road noise, they corner well, obviously not as well as the dunlops summer performance but i cant complain. i got them from tire rack, sent to my deal and installed all for $700

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post

I have 16in steelies and they clear just fine ....ugly as sin but fit fine.
    '11 WRX winter wheels - Page 20 - NASIOC
    nice bug eye wheels! gods that isnt a recent pic is it? lol that time of the year already........
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Not mine just found a pic. I keep getting temper to pick up a set but no reason to buy them just to remove the steel wheels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks guys... yeh, I saw that pic plastered all over the net and that's what got me thinking.

But then, my buddy sent me this link to an ebay auction, anybody know anything about mid-late 1990's JDM legacy B4 rims? They come with Blizzaks already installed so the price isn't bad, but the dude knows nothing about the specs aside from he bolt pattern.

Also, 205/50 R17, slightly larger than stock, is this OK?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331314959989...84.m1423.l2648

I have a 2014 sedan, I bought a set of used 2002-04 WRX wheels (like those in the picture of the blue hatch). Fit just fine, and tires were about $105 each. Worked great last winter.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson