Brake upgrade questions....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Brake upgrade questions.... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, as the title states im looking into upgrading my brakes in the spring whenever I do my wheels ...

Question Brake upgrade questions....

Hey all, as the title states im looking into upgrading my brakes in the spring whenever I do my wheels and suspension upgrades. I want slotted rotors, not drilled or anything fancy, but a good slotted rotor. On my last wrx I had DBA 4000 series T-slotted rotors for the front and rear. These along with a nice set of pads will run me around 500-600 dollars. (prices sourced from rallysportdirect) I know I can find cheaper, but right now im just in the research/pricing phase because it wont be until tax time that I will be doing this. I also want to do s/s lines with better brake fluid. So add another couple hundred to the original price of the pads and rotors. But, I came across this kit from stop-tech on rallysportdirect's website. Link below....

Stoptech Sport Kit Subaru WRX 2009-2013 977.47008 at RallySportDirect.com

This is exactly what im looking for, all ill need to get is the fluid, everything else is in this kit. All of the reviews on these are very good aside from the brake dust, but im not really worried about that. My question is, is anyone else running this kit, and how are the rotors/pads listed in the kit from stop-tech? If so, how are they? worth the money? thought on how they perfrom bundled with the s/s lines? Also, not to mention the price for this kit is right around where the prices are for just pads and rotors from other brands such as dba and hawk. Other parts ill be installing are:

- BC RAM coilovers
    - 17x9 rota grids in black or gold
    - and front and rear sways with upgraded endlinks if I have the extra money, if not those are the next on my list to buy/ install.

What do you guys think? And as always, thanks for the input!
    Last edited by WRX-maniac; 08-22-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.