Tire Pressure Problem/Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tire Pressure Problem/Question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone! Sorry for such a jumpy post, but I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with my 2014 ...

Tire Pressure Problem/Question

Hello everyone! Sorry for such a jumpy post, but I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with my 2014 wrx sedan.

My tire pressure warning light has come on twice in the last month.

The first time it came on, I was able to (with the help of a friend) set the PSI back to 33 front and 32 back. Last night the tire pressure warning light came back on. Now I understand that with the naked eye it is difficult to see anything wrong, if it is minor, nor be able to feel it much while driving. But what I'm trying to understand is why is air leaking so easily in the stock summer tires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What were the pressure the second time?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Better question. ..what were each tires pressures the first time and second time. One of the tires has a leak and you need to see which tire is lowest. Usually trips about 6 psi below threshold

Sorry for responding so late.

It's the rear driver side tire that seems to be the only one that is whack with the psi.

That is also the one that I got a scrape on the rim by turning too fast on a corner.

I doubt air is leaking since it would be noticeable and you could even hear it.

I might have my rims and tires inspected when I go get my oil changed in a little bit.

Thank you both for your responses and help!

It's actually going to be pretty rare to hear air leaking unless it's an extremely fast leak. Sounds like you may have popped the bead where you scraped. Bump the pressures up and spray it with soapy water or a cleaner. You might see it bubble but you won't hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    It's the rear driver side tire that seems to be the only one that is whack with the psi.
    I have no idea what you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    It's actually going to be pretty rare to hear air leaking unless it's an extremely fast leak. Sounds like you may have popped the bead where you scraped. Bump the pressures up and spray it with soapy water or a cleaner. You might see it bubble but you won't hear it
    +1. If you can hear an air leak, it'll be flat - and I mean flat - within a matter of hours at best. A slow puncture you'll only find with soapy water. So if you know which tire is losing pressure now, take the car to a tire shop. They'll locate the puncture for you and tell you whether it's repairable or not.

My light came on the other day for the first time. One of the tires was down to 20 psi. The rest were just under 30. I aired them all up to 50 and the light went out. I will check again tomorrow.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

mrd
    I think that all 4 should be 35 on 2011+. 50 is to much.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Weather can also affect tire pressure in alloy wheels.
    Extreme hot and cold can throw the pressure off.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    My light came on the other day for the first time. One of the tires was down to 20 psi. The rest were just under 30. I aired them all up to 50 and the light went out. I will check again tomorrow.
    50psi? Please tell me you're not going to drive on them at that pressure

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    I aired them all up to 50

50?!
    I do 40psi and that sometimes scares me!
    To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    Tumblr: Turbospooledtreflip

Ya 50 is way too much. I just go a few above factory specs (33,32) I have them at 35 right now just because they're new tires but they will be at 38,37

Hey everyone!

Sorry for such a late reply.

So I have a 2014 WRX Limited Sedan and it says that I should have 33 psi in the front and 32 psi in the back.

My TPMS keeps going on every second week or so. I check the pressure in the tires, and it is always the rear tire on the driver's side that is the one requiring air. I know about a month ago or so I drove through construction on my way home and there was a sharp bump against that tire. Is it possible there is a minor air leak?

I'm very worried since I have only had this car for a few months and already there is another problem to go over and to fix.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    Hey everyone!

Sorry for such a late reply.

So I have a 2014 WRX Limited Sedan and it says that I should have 33 psi in the front and 32 psi in the back.

My TPMS keeps going on every second week or so. I check the pressure in the tires, and it is always the rear tire on the driver's side that is the one requiring air. I know about a month ago or so I drove through construction on my way home and there was a sharp bump against that tire. Is it possible there is a minor air leak?

I'm very worried since I have only had this car for a few months and already there is another problem to go over and to fix.
    Getting an air leak in a tire can happen to any car, regardless of age or make. Have a tire shop check it out. Our local tire chains will do that sort of thing for free. Not worth worrying over, tire punctures/leaks happen.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast