Getting tuned, what to upgrade safety wise?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Getting tuned, what to upgrade safety wise? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im currently getting my engine tuned with a few upgrades and I would like some input on what to add ...

Getting tuned, what to upgrade safety wise?

Im currently getting my engine tuned with a few upgrades and I would like some input on what to add to help with stopping and handling better. Im looking for help with the occasional autox, spirited mountain drive. I have ss braided lines currently and that is it. Any brake pad/rotor suggestions? What about suspension mods? This is a DD so I really dont want something ultra harsh, but I can take a stiffer ride.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a bunch of knowledgably sticky's throughout the "Tech & Modifying" sections, stroll around.

How to: Suspension Tuning

I've had great luck with DBA rotors and EBC pads on previous cars. Most rotors are well enough vented these days that you don't need cross drilled. Slotted are what I prefer. They are strong and will keep your pads from glazing in auto x. One thing that most people don't put enough thought into is the brake fluid. Flush your system and run a quality fluid with a high boiling point, especially if you are going to auto x. There are lots of threads on the importance of brake fluid, so look around. If you are going to race often, then you will need to change your fluid often to keep your pedal nice and firm.

Before getting too far into suspension, I would recommend replacing your bushings which will really tighten things up. Whiteline, TiC, and a few others make great stuff for any Subaru platform. From there you can easily assess just how firm of a ride you want. A lot of people start with "upgrading" their springs, but without a properly valved strut springs don't so much for us. Start with bushings. Get everything nice and tight, then pick up some sway bars, then look into a strut/spring combo with good valving like what Feal offers or a coilover option of which there are many.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.