Where can I find the best price for 2015 wrx snow tires and rim set.

This is a discussion on Where can I find the best price for 2015 wrx snow tires and rim set. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So snow season is still a bit off but was wondering what the best place to buy a set of ...

Where can I find the best price for 2015 wrx snow tires and rim set.

So snow season is still a bit off but was wondering what the best place to buy a set of wheels and tires for snow. What should I expect to pay? I don't want anything fancy as far as rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Even after paying shipping from Tirerack.com, it was less than buying locally. A lot of people use basic steel wheels, but tirerack has a bunch of inexpensive wheels if you don't like that look.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Even after paying shipping from Tirerack.com, it was less than buying locally. A lot of people use basic steel wheels, but tirerack has a bunch of inexpensive wheels if you don't like that look.
    Just out of curiosity, from a fellow Long Islander, what do you end up using wheel/tire wise in the winter? This will be my first winter with my 14 sedan and if we're in for a repeat of last year I would hate to risk it with the stock summer Dunlops.
    Rather not swap out just the tires every season but as usual $$ for a full winter wheel package is a bit of an issue.

I used the Firestone winterforce tires mounted on moda md16 wheels. I forget what the exact tire size is, but it's listed in my profile. The winterforce tires are great on ice and snow, however on dry pavement, it's a sloppy ride. With a performance winter tire, the dry handling is better, but it's also +/- $50 more per tire.. That adds up fast if you're on a budget.

Thanks, car looks great with the winter set! Will definitely explore my options.
    -JB

I usually recommend getting a set of 02-05 WRX wheels since they can be had for cheap and are 16's. BUT since you have a 15 and the bolt pattern is different that won't fly. Do 16's fit on the new WRX?

Getting used wheels if possible is a great option for winter since they will get beat up, then for tires I recommend the following.

Cheap: General Atlimax
    Mid: I have no idea.
    Balls to the wall awesome: Nokian Hakka's

I Support ClubWRX
    I priced out wheels and tires on Tirerack, then shopped locally. I found a small independent tire shop run by a dad and his son that offered the best price. I had steel wheels with Yokohama Ice Guards, which offer excellent traction in snow.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth