WhiteLine swaybars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WhiteLine swaybars within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I intend to purchase WhiteLine swaybars this week. I'm looking for an installation procedure for bars and Kartboy endlinks. How ...

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

WhiteLine swaybars

I intend to purchase WhiteLine swaybars this week. I'm looking for an installation procedure for bars and Kartboy endlinks. How to go about installing the swaybars and endlinks such as tricks torque specs for swaybars and the Kartboy endlinks. From what I have heard and read the endlinks have to be installed with full load. That I don't quite understand. Should sway bars be installed on a lift, and end links put in place? Then for weight load should I move car to ramp lift then ad washers spacers and set endlinks properly straight up and down. My friend who will install has never done WhiteLine bars, his experience is with Cobb and Perrin swaybars. He said he always does install on lift up in the air.
    Can anybody help me with this? Anyone running the same set up? I have never done swaybars and I want to do it right.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I found a great install video on WhiteLine swaybar install, very helpful.
    So what I need now is detailed instructions to install Kartboy front and rear endlinks on my 2013 WRX.
    Any help or advice/ directions would be greatly appreciated.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I'm no expert on this. I have swapped in SuperPro swaybars on my '13, using Kartboy endlinks.

I have read that the wheels must be loaded. I have also read that's unnecessary, as long as the load is the same on both wheels. (That is, raise both wheels.) I used ramps, so my wheels were loaded.

Kartboy has install instructions at their website, in the form of forum links. Here's one for the rears:

http://www.scoobymods.com/showthread...kit-14411.html

I bought the Kartboy endlinks from Cygnus Performance. The fronts came with four 5 mm aluminum spacers, which were what was needed to make the sit vertical.

The biggest difficulty was the rust on the OEM endlinks, which was pretty bad after a single Connecticut winter. I found a little oil on the thread made removal easier. (I used Aerokroil to help break them loose, but a little engine oil was a better lubricant.) The need to use a wrench (not a regular socket) plus a 5 mm hex key (to keep the threaded shaft from turning) made it awkward to supply much torque.

Make sure to use a torque wrench on the Kartboy nuts and bolts. I got some clunks until I tightened them to 45 ft lbs (61 Nm).

I Support ClubWRX
    That's great info my friend, I appreciate your help.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Quote Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
    I'm no expert on this. I have swapped in SuperPro swaybars on my '13, using Kartboy endlinks.

I have read that the wheels must be loaded. I have also read that's unnecessary, as long as the load is the same on both wheels. (That is, raise both wheels.) I used ramps, so my wheels were loaded.

Kartboy has install instructions at their website, in the form of forum links. Here's one for the rears:

http://www.scoobymods.com/showthread...kit-14411.html

I bought the Kartboy endlinks from Cygnus Performance. The fronts came with four 5 mm aluminum spacers, which were what was needed to make the sit vertical.

The biggest difficulty was the rust on the OEM endlinks, which was pretty bad after a single Connecticut winter. I found a little oil on the thread made removal easier. (I used Aerokroil to help break them loose, but a little engine oil was a better lubricant.) The need to use a wrench (not a regular socket) plus a 5 mm hex key (to keep the threaded shaft from turning) made it awkward to supply much torque.

Make sure to use a torque wrench on the Kartboy nuts and bolts. I got some clunks until I tightened them to 45 ft lbs (61 Nm).
    id have to find it again but id bet whiteline has instructions up on their website too. wheels loaded or dropped evenly yes, but it is soooo much easier if they are loaded so ramps or lift(you dont have access to a drive on lift right? ) the bolts holding the chassis mount probably could use a soak overnight from pb blaster or wd40...whichever. then its just wiggling the old out and installing the new. torquing a few nuts n bolts down and drive! id say the worst thing your going to run into is the chassis mount bolts.if your old endlink bolts are frozen no big deal, they are replaced so if you cant get them off the bar the bolts can be cut out or just leave them on the bar. got all new parts and bushings so you should be gtg!.
    http://www.whitelinesuspensionparts..../Z320_Z388.pdf from whiteline.
    http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...eline/Z320.pdf and the front. also from whiteline's webpage. should get you a good start in.

actually i think Turn in Concepts might have better directions than this. ill look them up when i get back from work.
    Last edited by tirerob; 08-05-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the reply Rob!
    I do have access to drive on lift.
    It seems to be the best way. Everybody said install endlinks under load, now I get it.
    I wasn't sure with lift to reserve. So I would get best results on a drive on lift? That's the one I'll ask for, it makes it easier for my buddy if I know which lift I need in advance. If anybody has any more tips and tricks post em.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Ya no problem. I used our four post drive on lift at the shop to do my rear sway bar and it was a snap. My endlinks came about two weeks later and I did those on ramps. But looking at it it definitely easier to do the bar directly under it and standing up lol.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have instructions to install a swaybar, you have all the instructions you need for the endlinks. It's just one more nut per corner; remove that the same way you did the other one.

The suspension should be loaded.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    If you have instructions to install a swaybar, you have all the instructions you need for the endlinks. It's just one more nut per corner; remove that the same way you did the other one.

Cool!
    The suspension should be loaded.
    My only real concern is setting endlinks properly. I just found out from tirerob all I need is the drive up lift so the weight is equal on all 4 sides. Great info thanks guys.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500
    My only real concern is setting endlinks properly.
    Perpendicular to ground.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Now for the opinion part.
    My car is a daily driver, what settings are people using. Front stiff? soft? Rear stiff ? soft?or middle?
    Open to suggestions, I thought of stiff front and soft rear. What's a good balance?
    How do you like your WhiteLines?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I have 24mm front, 22mm rear. They are set to hard in the front medium in the rear. I had the rear set to hard but I was getting wheel lift during hard corners so I decided to dial it down a bit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I have 24mm front, 22mm rear. They are set to hard in the front medium in the rear. I had the rear set to hard but I was getting wheel lift during hard corners so I decided to dial it down a bit.
    That's the same size I'm getting 24F 22R. With front set to hard how is the ride? I live just outside Boston winter weather sucks. And roads are damaged even in summer. I don't want a harsh ride on regular streets, I'm thinking hard front soft rear. Thanks for replying A265 ( What state are you in?) keep the suggestions/ opinions coming!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I live in NB, Canada so next to Maine. Our roads are pretty bad year round. I like it, the car darts a bit more when you get into a rut but it's very manageable.

You can always re adjust after, not too hard to do.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just ordered WhiteLine swaybars with Kartboy endlinks.
    22 mmR and 24 mmF, also ordered spacers and washers just in case.
    Also got the Oem rain guards ( Will look nice installed) also got them for Moms Impreza.
    Still looking for more swaybar setting combos.
    Post EM if you got EM!!

Need opinions! Zax, SD_GR, EJ257, where you at?
    You guys always have useful info and insight.
    Last edited by TownLine500; 08-06-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.