Help!!! WRX gone mad!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!! WRX gone mad!!! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I've had my 02 wrx wagon for about 2 weeks. I bought it completely stock with 140,000 miles, the ...

Help!!! WRX gone mad!!!

So I've had my 02 wrx wagon for about 2 weeks. I bought it completely stock with 140,000 miles, the only things I've done to it are a Snorkus and muffler delete. Me and my friends all like to drive our cars hard. However I have noticed that my WRX under steers terribly even with good performance tires on it. Then if I'm going around a turn and hit a bump or have to swerve hard and fast the rear end looses its mind and I find myself 4 wheel sliding all over the road. What will correct this best besides an alignment and tires?
    Make fun of my wagon now...I'll be happy to help you move for a fee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lowering springs or coilovers combined with some sway bars, endlinks and an alignment.

Lowering spring will not fix it, it will lower you center of gravity and give you a ****ty ride with 140k on the shocks, best is to replace it all if you are actually ready for a handling car. And yes a sway bar and endlinks will fic it
    2010 Wrx Satin White Premium, TurboXs TBE, AP stage 2

Thanks you guys, are the apexi n1 coilovers any good in your opinions? Also, should I run a larger sway bar in the front or the rear to help correct the problem?
    Make fun of my wagon now...I'll be happy to help you move for a fee

I didn't like the n1 coils much... high rate (275lb) springs with koni yellows were the best I ever had.

Get yourself a 24mm front sway, no larger than 20mm rear sway, and close to -1.5 to -2deg front camber with ZERO toe and the car should be pretty sticky.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What's your budget? Being 12 years old virtually everything in the suspension is worn out by now. Recommendations could span from about $600 to $10,000. Without knowing how much you have set aside to spend on fixing it up it's hard to point you in the right direction.