Replacing Stock Rubbers

This is a discussion on Replacing Stock Rubbers within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It's time for me to replace the stock tires on my 2012 WRX Premium 4-door. I've done a bit of ...

Replacing Stock Rubbers

It's time for me to replace the stock tires on my 2012 WRX Premium 4-door. I've done a bit of looking, and my choices have come down to the following two:

Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position

BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2

From what I can tell, the biggest differences between the two is that the BFGoodrich tire has a better tread-ware rating, and is a bit cheaper. Does anyone have experience or opinions on the two?

Thanks!
    2012 WRB WRX Premium Sedan

Mods: SPT Performance Exhaust, SPT Short Throw, SPT Boost Gauge, Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim, Center Arm Rest Extension, Hella Supertones, Rally Armor UR Mudflaps (red)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have an opinion on those, but I think you should look hard at these. Best tires I have ever driven on (in my car).

Edit - I tried to post a link to the Michelin pilot super sports but it isn't working. Check them out. Looks like $165 in your size.

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed on the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I've had a bunch of tires on the WRX over its 10 years. The PSSs are a clear standout.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Major25 View Post
    It's time for me to replace the stock tires on my 2012 WRX Premium 4-door. I've done a bit of looking, and my choices have come down to the following two:

Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position

BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2

From what I can tell, the biggest differences between the two is that the BFGoodrich tire has a better tread-ware rating, and is a bit cheaper. Does anyone have experience or opinions on the two?

Thanks!
    The OEM tires on a 2012 WRX are 235/45R17. The Bridgestone link that you give is 225/45R19, and the Goodrich one is 205/55R16.

In the OEM size:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odClar=Premium

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odClar=Premium

Hope this helps.