New Rim questions.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Rim questions. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I looked up the tire\wheel info for a 2014 wrx sedan. Size : 17x8 Offset : +53 Bolt pattern : ...

New Rim questions.

I looked up the tire\wheel info for a 2014 wrx sedan.

Size : 17x8
    Offset : +53
    Bolt pattern : 5x100

When I look for new rims to purchase tiretrack.com or wheelfire.com
    I'm able to search for rims that would fit my exact car.

Some sizes of those said rims are either. 17x7 \17x7.5 \17x8
    And some offset #'s are +42\45\48 ect.

So I'm guessing any of these sizes woukd fit what I have on my 14' wrx sedan?

Also if anyone knows what does the 17x8 and offset +53 numbers represent ?

Sorry for nub question, just want to make sure I understand for future projects.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    17 is the diameter of the wheel. 7, 7.5,8 etc is the width of the wheel. +53, 48, 45 etc refers to the offset (how far the wheel sticks out from the hub. The lower the number, the more it sticks out)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Ah ok thanks !

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubieLouv View Post
    I looked up the tire\wheel info for a 2014 wrx sedan.

Size : 17x8
    Offset : +53
    Bolt pattern : 5x100

When I look for new WHEELS to purchase tiretrack.com or wheelfire.com
    I'm able to search for WHEELS that would fit my exact car.

Some sizes of those said WHEELS are either. 17x7 \17x7.5 \17x8
    And some offset #'s are +42\45\48 ect.

So I'm guessing any of these sizes woukd fit what I have on my 14' wrx sedan?

Also if anyone knows what does the 17x8 and offset +53 numbers represent ?

Sorry for nub question, just want to make sure I understand for future projects.
    Fixed that for ya! Cheers
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Haha thanks again

Actually 1 other question. Once I decide on the wheels and they arrive. Could I bring them to dealership to have them put the new ones on my tires? Since I wouldn't know how to do that myself.

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually 1 other question. Once I decide on the wheels and they arrive. Could I bring them to dealership to have them put the new ones on my tires? Since I wouldn't know how to do that myself.
    I see I have weened you in the ways of the wheels. lol

Anyhow, I don't see why not as long as you get a wheel that will still fit your current tire size.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd imagine that for enough money the dealer would do anything; I often wonder how much money it'd take to have them wear a gorilla suit and dance for me. However I'd simply call around tire stores instead. Any place you take them could/would scratch your rims when mounting the tires so be careful of that. Otherwise shop for price.

EDIT: Can the place from which you're buying the rims also sell and mount tires, plus sell you the correct lug nuts, so you're done?
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-28-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

SubieL, regardless of who you allow to install them, make sure the TPMS are installed as well...
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

^^ and registered properly.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.