What Tires to wrap my stock '11 wheels in....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What Tires to wrap my stock '11 wheels in.... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So today noticed a screw in my front tire and figure its a good time to get a new set ...

What Tires to wrap my stock '11 wheels in....

So today noticed a screw in my front tire and figure its a good time to get a new set of tires for my car. I have a 2011 wrx and still have the stock wheels on it. I was wondering what you guy would reccomend tire wise and what size(width) would be best for summer use. I don't autocross or anything like that but would like a tire that really grips the ground well. Going to also be installing sways shortly. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally have Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the summer and think they are the incredible. I would probably go with the stock tire size of 235/45/17.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I personally have Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the summer and think they are the incredible. I would probably go with the stock tire size of 235/45/17.
    Looks like i might just have to go with these, was looking at the reviews on tirerack and dont think I saw one that was below a 9 out of 10 and everyone was praising how good of a tire these are. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

For you needs I'd get the Michelin Pilot Super Sport or if you're on a budget Cooper RS-3 S.

Here's a couple you might want to rule out (one of them courtesy of my own poor choice):

Continental DW Summer Tire

I Support ClubWRX
    Cooper RS-3 S have become the go to tire for ClubWRX

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Another question.... I have yet to call around and get prices from local shops, but I would think the cheaper bet would be direct from tirerack.com anyone have any suggestions? Very close to just hitting purchase and then finding a good shop to mount and balance them
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    Another question.... I have yet to call around and get prices from local shops, but I would think the cheaper bet would be direct from tirerack.com anyone have any suggestions? Very close to just hitting purchase and then finding a good shop to mount and balance them
    Ask some shops. Some will match the lowest price and throw in free mount/balancing. Town fair tire in my area does.

I Support ClubWRX
    I ordered my Super Sports from tire rack delivered the next day since it was coming from Delaware. So far 13k on the tires and I love them
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed. Amazing tires that actually have decent tread life for an UHP summer tire.

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I'm going to milk my summer Dunlaps for a while, but great info on the Pilot Super Sports.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Agreed. Amazing tires that actually have decent tread life for an UHP summer tire.

The Nokian zLines intrigue me...but the michelins are just SO good!

I Support ClubWRX
    We are in interesting UHP summer tire times. Continental Extreme Contact DW (Germany), Michelin Pilot Super Sport (France) and Pirelli P-Zero (Italy) currently have competing tires with a similar F1 inspired tread pattern being used as OEM UHP tires on many of the high performance and / or super cars on sale now.

I've read the Pilot Super Sports were originally developed for the Ferrari Italia 458. What's this? A French tire maker shod on one of the best Italian super cars made? Interesting times indeed ...
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-25-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I loved my stock dunlops but I ended up cheaping out for the sumitomos HTR Z for right around 100 a tire with a 50 dollar rebate. They're okay for street, they really sucked until they got broken in. I'm happy for what I paid and if they last for a decent amount of time I'll be even extra happy but super sport pilots they aren't! Decently sticky and does very good in the rain.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Would they be a big improvement over stock Dunlop's? What about Nitto NT555 Extreme? I have a friend who loves those Nittos.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.