Epic Engineering Rear Sway and Springs
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Epic Engineering Rear Sway and Springs within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey folks, any owners on this forum know anything or have working knowledge of Epic Engineering? Just wondering if the ...

I Support ClubWRX

Epic Engineering Rear Sway and Springs

Hey folks,

any owners on this forum know anything or have working knowledge of Epic Engineering?

Just wondering if the really good pricing is indicative of craftsmanship or is it really a steal?

They have a good combo package that includes a Rear Sway bar (20mm) and a spring kit that drops the car 1"(rear) and .6"(front). I know my struts would bite it soon after, but I may just go ahead and get the KYB AGX shocks as well.

Really just want to know if any other Subie owner tried this combo.

Cheers,

Blammo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the epic rear sway bar. It seems to work fine.

I installed it using the stock plastic end links and put it on the softest setting. I have yet to hear my summer tires squeal on an onramp since.
    David - '05 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    I have the epic rear sway bar. It seems to work fine.

I installed it using the stock plastic end links and put it on the softest setting. I have yet to hear my summer tires squeal on an onramp since.
    Hey Obeisance,

This is good information. I have recently ordered KARTBOY endlinks (front and rear). I have not installed them as of yet. As I was looking at the job, I feel if I am gonna get under my car to change the endlinks, why not just do the rear sway bar too??

I feel the individual price of the rear sway is a bit steep, but if you buy the sway bar and lowering spring combo, seems there is a bit of value there.

Anybody use the EPIC ENGINEERING lowering springs on an 09 WRX? I know that my stock struts likely wont hold up to any kind of lowering but it does seem pretty conservative. 1.2" front and 1.0" rear.

What are anybody's thoughts on EPIC ENGINEERING and lowering a 09 with no suspension mods yet? I want to start. I currently have front and rear KB endlinks waiting to go on. Has anybody else purchased this kit to lower their car or has anybody used an EPIC ENGINEERING rear sway bar with KB endlinks?

Thanks in advance guys!

Blammo

Blammo,

I've had Epic Engineering adj. rear sway and springs on my 06 WRX for 30,000 with no complaints. Many autocross sessions and track days. Now with 65,000 mi on the clock, it is time to upgrade the stock struts. Therefore I am now in the market for a spring/strut setup, possibly adjustable.

Epic Engineering = Good investment IMHO
    2006 WRX
    Opensource STG 2, Epic Engineering
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #032

http://s258.photobucket.com/home/joesubaru7/index
    DD: 2001 2.5RS
    Old: 1998 2.5RS [url]

I took a chance on the great prices for the springs, and I'm pleasantly surprised.
    I say "took a chance" because RSD wasn't able to give me a spring rate from EE.
    Obv they're stiffer than stock but nothing to worry about.
    I wanted the largest drop in ride height without going coils. No ride quality has been sacrificed and it cut a massive amount of body roll. Increased noise in cabin is not really noticeable IMO.
    I'm looking into sways as well, but am thinking about going Eibach or EE for hollow, or Whiteline if solid.
    Don't buy sways w/out upgrading endlinks. Just do it while you're down there.
    The separation, is in the preparation.-Russell C Wilson-

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyoplasm View Post
    I took a chance on the great prices for the springs, and I'm pleasantly surprised.
    I say "took a chance" because RSD wasn't able to give me a spring rate from EE.
    Obv they're stiffer than stock but nothing to worry about.
    I wanted the largest drop in ride height without going coils. No ride quality has been sacrificed and it cut a massive amount of body roll. Increased noise in cabin is not really noticeable IMO.
    I'm looking into sways as well, but am thinking about going Eibach or EE for hollow, or Whiteline if solid.
    Don't buy sways w/out upgrading endlinks. Just do it while you're down there.
    dam...this is good information.

I ordered up a set of coilovers just 1 week ago. Already paid the money. This kit would have been way more cost effective. Thanks for the reply though!!!!

I was under the impression that stock struts on 09 WRX just cant hold up to any kind of spring upgrade or lowering. Now I may have just ordered way more parts than I really needed. I am just a daily driver and wanted a slightly lowered look. I was convinced by tuners to get coils even for the street. I am sure they know their stuff as well...but whats done is done.

The only good thing is..coils will give me adjustability and hopefully a performance kick!!!!

Cheers!

Pro's and cons to everything. Experienced guys here swear on strut spring combo. I wanted coils as well and chose EE springs because they were made to fit the OEM strut. Life on struts decrease naturally when lowering the center of gravity and these were optimal for me at the time.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your coils but like everything, you gotta find the balance in functionality and comfort in daily driving.
    The separation, is in the preparation.-Russell C Wilson-

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.