Kartboy Rear Endlinks Clunking at Slow Speed (video)

This is a discussion on Kartboy Rear Endlinks Clunking at Slow Speed (video) within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i have a 2011 WRX with Kartboy rear endlinks and a whiteline 24mm swaybar. At low speeds over uneven ...

Kartboy Rear Endlinks Clunking at Slow Speed (video)

So i have a 2011 WRX with Kartboy rear endlinks and a whiteline 24mm swaybar. At low speeds over uneven terrain the endlinks are making a somewhat loud clunking noise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO4C...6Z_l4iUTKqHu0Q
    This video (not of my car) captures the noise and situation it occurs in perfectly. I am using the provided spacers by Kartboy, fitment seems fine. I do have all bolts torqued down. After tightening my lower control arm bolt to 70flbs the noise did seem to descrease slightly. I really don't want to push it much higher. It almost seems like the sleeve inside the endlink is too big for the bolt. My plan is to spray the area with lubricant and hope that fixes the issue. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? I plan to post pictures later to confirm I have everything installed correctly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The video doesn't exist.

This should

Make sure you have the aluminum spacers installed. Check you bushings make sure their not damaged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Mine made the same noise until I re-tightened everything to spec. The rear end bottom bolt spacers were also tricky as the supplied spacers weren't flush so I had to use one more washer on each side.
    Not so much anymore.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I got that clunking noise when I first installed my swaybars. Retorquing after 100 miles, per the instructions fixed the issue.

You could reinstall the stock links to isolate the aftermarket links as the issue. Did you check the torque on the swaybar mounting clamps? Did you properly lube the swaybar mounting bushings?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I've tighten everything down and rechecked alignment multiple times. The only thing i haven't done is put on is the Rear Swaybar Mount Support Brace. Whiteline Rear Swaybar Mount Support Brace Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2014 WRX / STI) KBR15 at RallySportDirect.com. I haven't been able to break the bolts on the control arm but i'm heading to a friends house today to try again. I still don't think i should have to have these in order to control the noise. I'll supply some pictures today if I think about it.

Take some pictures maybe it'll help us diagnose your problems. I replaced my swaybars and endlinks also. I didnt have any problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk