Suspension Noob Question - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Suspension Noob Question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Edit; btw, night and day handling improvement, totally worth the price and all the knuckle busting and cursing - I ...

Edit; btw, night and day handling improvement, totally worth the price and all the knuckle busting and cursing - I drew blood first, but then my buddy gave himself a nice welt when he slammed the end of the torque wrench right into his forehead...

I am proud to say I've been this guy^.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Drew more blood today...

Ok, let me just say, as a total n00b, might wanna make sure you torque those endlinks...AND, make sure you put the washers on correctly. Kinda sucks there's no installation instructions with the Kartboy endlinks. But, in the end, common sense prevails.

My driver side rear end bolt went through the bushing, popped right off...laying on the ground..."hey...what the hell is this thing?..." Oh snap!

Ok, redid the front and rear endlinks, changed the washers to sandwich the bushings, and torqued everything to spec.

Test drive...

Perfect. Highly recommended upgrade - coming from a know-nothing-at-all-about-cars kinda guy.

Another note, the sway bars appear to also minimize the back and forth you get when shifting...much smoother in the cockpit now.
    Not so much anymore.

Save!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Drew more blood today...

Ok, let me just say, as a total n00b, might wanna make sure you torque those endlinks...AND, make sure you put the washers on correctly. Kinda sucks there's no installation instructions with the Kartboy endlinks. But, in the end, common sense prevails.

My driver side rear end bolt went through the bushing, popped right off...laying on the ground..."hey...what the hell is this thing?..." Oh snap!

Ok, redid the front and rear endlinks, changed the washers to sandwich the bushings, and torqued everything to spec.

Test drive...

Perfect. Highly recommended upgrade - coming from a know-nothing-at-all-about-cars kinda guy.

Another note, the sway bars appear to also minimize the back and forth you get when shifting...much smoother in the cockpit now.
    After a couple days, how are the Eibach sways feeling? RSD is having a 25% off sale and i keep going back and forth on getting them (with KB endlinks).

I haven't really pushed it in a corner yet, but I could tell the difference immediately. Steering feels more responsive, even back and forth sway has decreased during shifts. If I had anything loose in the backseat and took a turn, it would abruptly fly over to the other side and slam into the door...now stuff slowly slides over and ends up in the middle of the backseat....that's about as technical as I can get, lol

Leaving work now...let's put these to a quick stress test....

Edit: yes, yes, it's very nice. Even more fun to drive now. I'm still checking and double checking the endlink bushings and bolts. I did 40ft/lbs on top front, 36 on bottom bolt. The rears were suggested 40-45, so I did 42. D-clamps were 18, I think I did 20. Nothing should be coming loose, I suppose?
    Last edited by degobah77; 07-22-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Not so much anymore.

Drove back from Floydfest last night - ended up taking some real windy country roads around Roanoke, and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the other reviews - this is how the car should handle from the factory. Glad I waited to do it, now it's like I have a new car again.
    Not so much anymore.

Hahahaha....I have said this to just recently. And we have a notiorus lack of twisties where I live just hauling down the highway is so far improved its unreal. I don't think motorcycle is going to get many miles this year hahaha
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.