Enkei EKM3, which tires?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Enkei EKM3, which tires? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, today my rims arrived and I have no idea which tires should I buy. Rims description: Brand Enkei ...

Enkei EKM3, which tires?

hey guys, today my rims arrived and I have no idea which tires should I buy.

Rims description:

Brand Enkei
    Model EKM3
    Item Weight 25 pounds
    Product Dimensions 7 x 17 x 17 inches
    Exterior Gunmetal
    Manufacturer Part Number 442-770-8045GM
    OEM Part Number 442-770-8045GM
    Construction 1-piece
    Rim Diameter 17 inches
    Rim Width 7 inches
    Bolt Pattern (Number of Holes) 5
    Bolt Pattern (Pitch Circle Diameter) 100 millimeters
    Offset 45 millimeters
    Backspace 5.77 inches
    Bore Diameter 72.60 millimeters

Would appreciate help with this!

Thank you
    Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Whats your price range? Are you looking for all season or summer?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Summer tires, and price range... like 300 for a set of four? I'm about to go to college lol so budget isn't too high.
    Was mostly wondering what size etc so it fits in nicely without any problems.

www.tirerack.com, even if just for information.

They recommend 225/45/17 for your car (04 WRX wagon), but recommend an offset of 48 or larger to prevent rubbing on the fender lip liner.

You may need to stay with 215/45/15 with wheels with a 45 mm offset.

They are pretty narrow wheels. 3mm won't make too much difference. A 225/45/17 tire should be perfectly fine.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Edd n Eddy View Post
    Summer tires, and price range... like 300 for a set of four? I'm about to go to college lol so budget isn't too high.
    Was mostly wondering what size etc so it fits in nicely without any problems.
    You will not get a quality tire for $300 for 4. Figure closer to $600 or more. Seeing as how they are the only thing that keeps you safely on the road, this is one component not to skimp out on. I have a set of OZ Superleggeras (now my winter wheels) in 17" x 7" and ran 225/17/45 the entire time I've had my 2004 WRX bought new. Would not go any wider than 225.

Edit: just looked at Consumer Reports UHP Summer tire ratings. There is one inexpensive tire they seem OK with. No doubt a Chinese made knock off Michelin Pilot Super Sport / Continental Extreme Contact DW. I'd still be wary spending so little on a UHP tire.

The size tested were 225/40/18. A 225/45/17 will be cheaper than the prices listed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UHP_Summer2014.JPG  
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-11-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    They are pretty narrow wheels. 3mm won't make too much difference. A 225/45/17 tire should be perfectly fine.
    The width of the wheel affects the width of the corners of the tread?

If Sasquatch ran 225/45/17 tires on a 17 x wheel with a 45 mm offset on an '04 without rubbing, that's good. Go for it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Probably not bad for the price.
    Last edited by bobkn; 07-11-2014 at 06:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.