rear sway bar install question

This is a discussion on rear sway bar install question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Someone told me that I have to swap the left side and right side struts if I am going to ...

rear sway bar install question

Someone told me that I have to swap the left side and right side struts if I am going to get a 22mm rear sway..... He said Something about the way the sway bar makes the opposite side suspension react... He suggested I just take to the shop and pay the labor...

Is he right? I don't really get why it would make a difference?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by disqimation View Post
    Someone told me that I have to swap the left side and right side struts if I am going to get a 22mm rear sway..... He said Something about the way the sway bar makes the opposite side suspension react... He suggested I just take to the shop and pay the labor...

Is he right? I don't really get why it would make a difference?
    I have never heard of that. I am running a 22mm RSB, without swapping struts and it works great!

a stiffer antisway bar might cause the unloaded side to work a little bit if your hard into a corner and hit a bump...but thats what they do, make the struts focus on the vertical travel. some of that will translate to the other side(watch some of the crazy supermodded scca club racing cars!) but i have no idea why you would need to remove or replace, swap struts to install the sway bar. unless you wanted to upgrade struts and maybe a custom number alignment after to maximize the effects of the new bars, but thats a hell of a lot of money and work.

make sure you have the right bushings and mounts for your new bar for your car, ramps or a lift and some free time to get it installed. then enjoy better corners driving!
    Last edited by tirerob; 07-01-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html