02 WRX Suspension Help!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on 02 WRX Suspension Help!!!!!!! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I got an 02 wrx with about 135k miles on it. I recently noticed that one of the rear ...

02 WRX Suspension Help!!!!!!!

So I got an 02 wrx with about 135k miles on it. I recently noticed that one of the rear struts is shot and needing to be replaced. I have been really wanting to tighten up the suspension lately too. I have not decided on whether I want to autocross it or not. I just spent a decent chunk on tires so I dont know how much I am wanting to put into this project (probably not to much), but I want to do it right. I have done a bit of research already and have seen KYB G2's pop up pretty often as a good budget upgrade. Would like confirmation/opinions of struts to look at. With struts I have been told to replace springs too. Not sure which to choose for this but would not mind lowering the car a little bit. Also are new strut mounts needed?

Everyone seems to say no sway bars are the best way to tighten up the wrx suspension but they are not broken at the moment. How much would new bars be recommended if I have already done struts and springs?

Any information would be appreciated. THANKS!!
    Last edited by serenityzippo; 06-13-2014 at 08:24 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If I need springs too I was kind of thinking.

H&R Sport Spring set

Eibach Pro-Kit

ProDrive (cant seem to find where to buy these...

Sti Pink STi Pink Lowering Springs For Impreza WRX/RS Sedan 2004-2007, SubaruGenuineParts.com

Swift

Those are what I have been looking at. Dont know with which I will need new tops with.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by serenityzippo; 06-13-2014 at 11:14 PM.