New wheels for my 2011 :D
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New wheels for my 2011 :D within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My new wheels and lugs came in today. They are not the color I wanted, but look great nonetheless. I ...

New wheels for my 2011 :D

My new wheels and lugs came in today. They are not the color I wanted, but look great nonetheless. I may need to powdercoat them gloss black. (Who knew chromium black means gunmetal grey?...)
    Great finish and fit. Free shipping and on sale to boot.
    XXR 530 18x8.75 et33
    Muteki sr48 burned blue lugs open-ended
    Still deciding on tires:
    255/35/18, stock suspension for good, no rolled fenders. Had some Invos test fitted at discount tire and fit perfectly with no rub. Maybe on big bumps.
    800 OTD budget, installed
    No autox planned, aggressive daily driving and maybe 2 drag days a year.

Nitto 555(long time favorite)
    Cooper zeon rs3- s (rebate is nice)
    Federal ss595 (cheap but good reviews)
    Hankook ventus v12

Can't wait to choose a set up!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe they sent you the wrong color?or they're just real shiny in the pics on websites.
    You should check out the continental dw tires too. I just installed those on my wheels and I'm liking them alot. I've had the v12 to on my old car. They are a good tire but I think I like the dw more and they're real good in the rain too.

Yeah I saw those continental DWs, great reviews but they are 200 a piece, 900 installed. Might as well splurge for pilot sports at that point. I should add I'm in florida with all hot and humid weather, and it rains 30 minutes a day.

Gotcha. They're $178 a peice on tire rack . I bought them when they had there rebate going. I got a $150 ion hd camera with purchase.
    I have 18x9.5 38 with 255/35/18 and I rub when I have more than 1 adult in the car. I'm installing my rce blacks and getting my fenders rolled in a week or so.
    I have read real good things about the federals 595 RSR for dry traction. I just don't think they last to long.

That sounds like a good deal with the camera. Add 90 for shipping and that puts them over discounttiredirect at 197.
    So with just you in the car, no rubbing? Does it rub at all times with 2 adults in the car? Or just on bumps and stuff?
    I have no body shop willing to roll my fenders. Idk why they are so scared. ..
    I've read all nasioc threads on wheel fitting 2011+ wheels, but still not clear. .I wonder if I'd be safer with a 245/40, but it's taller...

I'd love getting some of those 595 RSRs, I've seen awesome reviews and they are so cheap, but they are on back order everywhere. No distributor carriers them either in my area.
    Last edited by 386WRX; 06-02-2014 at 11:11 PM.

I was pretty much rubbing everywhere when I had 3 adults in the car I can tell you that. Rubbing so bad I had to turn around and drop 2 of them off haha. I think you would def be better off gettin whatever the stock sti tire size is since ur wheels are pretty much the same size

With just me and my gf in the car I only rub coming outta my road so I just go real slow and it just rubs a little same with just me in the car

Damn, that's not what I want to hear! I need to make a decision today! I wonder if they will take them back if it rubs, since they told me it fits.
    You like the size of the 255 compared to stock? Noticable?

Def man . They're much bigger. But I also have them on a 9.5" wheel

Ya, I wonder if that will help me with a 8.75 wheel.
    I've been searching every thread on here and nasioc about fitment, for days, and its information overload.
    I may try some 255 nittos since they run narrow and that's what they said would fit, granted they didn't test the rear...159 a. Tire, not bad.
    Thanks for your input

You got the same wheels as me! I just run 245s though I'm lowered on Eibachs 1.5 ish drop all around and I rub in the rear with people in the back

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    You got the same wheels as me! I just run 245s though I'm lowered on Eibachs 1.5 ish drop all around and I rub in the rear with people in the back

I know! Where do you think I got the idea. I saw your car in the pic thread and it was jaw dropping, so I needed them. I didn't even plan on doing wheels lol.
    Do my rims look like the correct color? They look very grey.
    What profile is your tire? Did it rub with stock suspension?
    I'd love 255s but don't want to roll

Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    I know! Where do you think I got the idea. I saw your car in the pic thread and it was jaw dropping, so I needed them. I didn't even plan on doing wheels lol.
    Do my rims look like the correct color? They look very grey.
    What profile is your tire? Did it rub with stock suspension?
    I'd love 255s but don't want to roll

Haha glad to see you liked it! I run 245/35/18 it's a stiff ride compared to the Oem wheels can't really give you a report on stock suspension I've been lowered practically since I got my car I don't think you will rub and if you do it will only be in the back with passengers.

And yes chromium black looks a lot like dark grey metallic in person as opposed to the website photos.

2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Haha glad to see you liked it! I run 245/35/18 it's a stiff ride compared to the Oem wheels can't really give you a report on stock suspension I've been lowered practically since I got my car I don't think you will rub and if you do it will only be in the back with passengers.

And yes chromium black looks a lot like dark grey metallic in person as opposed to the website photos.

Oh I see, I guess I'll report back with my set up. Heading to discount tire today to check my options. A 255/35 is only 100$ more installed than a 245/40. Only negative is that I hear nitto 555 is old and sucks, but it's 30 cheaper a tire than the competition.

I may just have the discount guy with an evo choose my setup for me and just swipe my card. Enough headache!

Get the best tires you can afford man. Good tires are the best upgrade you can do to your car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.