2014 WRX Best suspension for daily driver recommendations

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Best suspension for daily driver recommendations within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Have a 2014 WRX bone stock thinking about going with stance coilovers any suggestions? Also looking for subaru permances locations ...

2014 WRX Best suspension for daily driver recommendations

Have a 2014 WRX bone stock thinking about going with stance coilovers any suggestions?
    Also looking for subaru permances locations near Boston/Bedford MA area.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2014 WRX Coilover recommendation

Have a 2014 WRX bone stock thinking about going with stance coilovers any suggestions?
    Also looking for subaru permances locations near Boston/Bedford MA area.

I just recently installed a set of K Sport Control adjustable coilovers on my 14 sedan. I like the way they ride/handle.

I could not help but notice a lot of negative comments about this brand. This is one of my daily drivers which has never seen a track. Maybe there are some disadvantages I don't know about.

I am running them at 1.5" drop all around.

The nice thing is the consistent spring rate. You use the primary collars to set the spring so there is no play at full extension, then the bottom half is threaded to adjust ride height.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd look into a quality strut/spring combo over coils. Sway bars and end links would be a solid upgrade too. Koni yellow struts/RCE Black springs are popular, and whiteline sways with kartboy endlinks are very popular. Just as a side note, good tires and a custom alignment (maxed out camber -1.5) makes a huge difference.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Daily Driver =/= Coilovers. You would be much better suited with spring/struts like blackSTi said. You shouldn't have any trouble finding good info about some good combos for your car, these discussions come up at leasat 6 times a week. The setup that's listed above is the most popular setup on this site for a reason.

Thank you guys for good insight I will look into the koni full coilover set up.

Try to find someone locally with the suspension you want and ride I am their car before buying. I made this mistake with my last car, on recommendations I installed eibach springs and koni yellow struts on a legacy and was never happy with it. Stock was better imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure what you are after but for street do these mods first (see below). None of these things will prevent you from going to spring/shock choices

Whiteline Rear Positive Traction Kit (Whiteline Part # KDT910)
    Whiteline Rear Diff Positive Power Kit Inserts (KDT903)
    Whiteline 24mm Front Sway Bar
    Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar
    Whiteline Anti Lift Kit (caster kit) (KCA334)
    Kartboy F/R Endlinks - w/spacers for proper interface.
    Specialized Four Way Alignment

The difference from stock is astounding. You might be happy with that and saved a whole bunch of time and money. If you want to go lower for looks, then all these parts are compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I'd look into a quality strut/spring combo over coils. Sway bars and end links would be a solid upgrade too. Koni yellow struts/RCE Black springs are popular, and whiteline sways with kartboy endlinks are very popular. Just as a side note, good tires and a custom alignment (maxed out camber -1.5) makes a huge difference.
    Could you possibly link me on the koni struts? i can't find the specifics on their .com

I had the Ksport Kontrol Pro coilovers on my 06 and my 08 wrx. Never had a single issue with them. However, I wanted the ability to drop my car to whatever height/stance that I wanted. Which is the only downside to getting a good spring/strut combo. If you are looking for a little drop and still the same drivability as stock suspension though, spring/strut combo is the way to go.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyoplasm View Post
    Could you possibly link me on the koni struts? i can't find the specifics on their .com
    PM one of the vendors on here (like WTF Tuning or Fast tuning products) and they will be able to help you out. WTF Tuning is very knowledgeable about suspension components and can steer you in the right direction as far as a suitable upgrade for your desires.

I just ordered my rce blacks for my 13 wrx. I'm going to be running them on my stock struts for a year or so then ill upgrade to the konis.

Posted about this in another thread, highly applicable since mine's a dd as well..

I installed the Swift Sport springs on my 2011 sedan. Rides great, but was slightly bouncy. Well wouldn't you know both front struts started leaking shortly after. Went with the Koni's in front and rear and let me tell you, worth every cent that they cost. Completely changed the car and it rides much sportier and predictable, yet not so much that everday driving suffers. Plus, you can make the ride firmer or softer to your taste. My vote goes for Swift Sport springs w/ Koni struts.

If you only want to drop money on springs...RCE Blacks are your best bet.
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - SOLD

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 - White