IDEAS ON NEW WHEELS FOR MY 2011 DARK GREY STi

This is a discussion on IDEAS ON NEW WHEELS FOR MY 2011 DARK GREY STi within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello just would like to get some help and ideas on what wheels to get for my baby . I ...

IDEAS ON NEW WHEELS FOR MY 2011 DARK GREY STi

Hello just would like to get some help and ideas on what wheels to get for my baby . I dont like the standard rims it has on it now. Do you Americans call them Rims?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What are you going for here? Are you looking for light weight, pure looks, wider? What is your budget?

I personally like Enkei wheels, I think they are a good price to quality ratio. In my opinion they are as good as you can get without getting forged wheels. I have the PF01's (you can see pics in my signature link).

If money is not an issue and you are willing to go all out, rays (volk) makes amazing wheels. The gram lights are probably my favorite wheels. Work wheels area also very nice (but very expensive too).

One thing to think about is wider/larger wheels need wider larger tires. Which makes things more expensive in the long run. Probably if I were to recommend pure performance I would say 17x8 wheels. If looks I would recommend 18x9 wheels. Also, on a dark grey car I love the look of black wheels. Just some thoughts!

Good luck!

We call them wheels, rims, and plenty of slang as well.
    Brands we like:
    Sparco
    Enkei
    Rays
    OZ
    Speedy
    Motegi
    Momo

Size is dependent partially on ride height and suspension modifications,
    and partially on driving style and comfort vs performance.

More sidewall means a more comfortable ride at the cost of cornering.
    Wider means more grip up to a certain point.
    beyond 265mm tread width becomes wasteful, since our cars are too light to make use of the additional rubber.

If you have a chance to try another WRX, one with wheels closer to what you like, nothing beats test driving.

As far as style, it's personal taste. Rare is it that two people want identical rim sets. There is a mechanically ideal wheel size for your car, and it is up to you to weigh the comfort and performance you want to achieve, and calculate the sizing using that information.

After you have that information, you can shop wheels, and you will find the fitment you want much more easily.

I will have to see if we can get those wheels here in Australia. I just want hot looking wheels. I dont know all the technical stuff about wheels. I wanted hot PINK but my husband wont let me.

Narragansett, Rhode Island, United States
    how would these rims look on a silver 02 wrx REMEMBER-GOLD W/MACHINE LIP-
    17x8

I Support ClubWRX
    you can always plasti dip the new wheels pink

this thread can give you some ideas

Dark Gray Metallic Thread - NASIOC
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    There are plenty of wheels that look "hot". As others have said above, its really all about your budget and what suspension you will be running. Remember a key thing is: for the most part, the wider the wheel and more aggressive the wheel, the more work will need to be done. What i mean by this is all about fitment: suspension upgrades, crazy alignment changes, rolling and possibly pulling fenders . . .

With that said there are many forum threads on all these topics on many subaru forums, so do some searches and see what you like, dont like, what fits your budget, and what your overall target is.

With that said, i love silver wheels on dark gray wrx/sti but thats me. And plasti dip is a great option to try on your wheels to see if you really like pink wheels. It is an awesome product and it comes off just as easy as it went on.

Good luck with the wheel decision and congrats on the STI.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    silver enkeis

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

The Enkei RS05RR wheels are straight sexy
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

this wheel paint was done about 6 months before my divorce.

Not even joking.

I dont like the standard STi wheels so i need to change them and get a bigger exhaust as its got no note and.i need my subi sound

Thankyou guys for all your info it will help me

Any thoughts so far? Also, exhuast wise look into super sprint. I know its very rare on a subie but my buddy had a turbo back on his 04 sti in Poland and it was quiet at idle but at WOT it was an animal.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

I personally fond the Sparco wheels to be too heavy. They are made by O.Z. last time i checked. They look great but for the same cash there are lighter wheels out there. A similar wheel from OZ can easily be 6-10 pounds lighter than a Sparco wheel.

Mike that's good to know. I like the look of the Sparco Assetos in black. I also have a dark grey wrx. I didn't realize they were heavy
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.