2015 Winter Wheels
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 Winter Wheels within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Admins I know this should be in the Suspension & Wheels section but I wanted to start it hear so ...

I Support ClubWRX

2015 Winter Wheels

Admins I know this should be in the Suspension & Wheels section but I wanted to start it hear so that It wont get buried. If you guys dont mind leaving it for a few days to build up some conversation then movie it or what ever you guys plan to do.

I know that since its Spring and not many people want to think about Winter but before the mods start coming out some people may want to put some of that extra money aside for winter wheels and tires. Now I know that they changed the bolt pattern on the 2015 WRX and the budget tire rack steel wheel option may now be out of the question this could be a possible solution.

From this thread on IWSTI the 07 + Honda CRV steel wheels appear to fit and clear the STI Brembos so they should work on the new 2015's. Now I dont have a 15 so I am not 100% it will work but if it woks with the older STI's I dont see why it wouldn't work. If someone with better knowledge please correct me if i'm wrong.

New winter steel wheel solution - Pics!!!!! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want 17's then just go onto tire rack and use the 2014 STI as a vehicle. There are a few inexpensive alloys on there you could consider.

Bump. This thread is incredibly relevant to my interests.

I am kind of hoping people dump their OEM rims for me to pick up on the cheap. I like em, and I know they are polarizing at best.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Cee
    I'm also looking to pick up a pair of 18" Rims and Winter Tires for my STI. It doesn't look like TireRack supports the 2015 for rims yet. =/

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll probably be selling my OEM WRX wheels when I get the car next month. I was planning on using them for winter wheels but since I dont drive very often, I might just get a set of 18" winter tires for the bbs wheels I bought.

what are the bolt patterns for the 15s?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Same as the sti now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

I have a set of CR-Z rims with winter tires 205/55/16 (~35lbs tire + wheel). I was told that 16s will fit WRX but not on STIs.
    I took a quick peek at front break and seems there arent much room between caliper and the stock 17" wheel. did anyone try to fir 16s in the front?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Admins I know this should be in the Suspension & Wheels section but I wanted to start it hear so that It wont get buried. If you guys dont mind leaving it for a few days to build up some conversation then movie it or what ever you guys plan to do.

I know that since its Spring and not many people want to think about Winter but before the mods start coming out some people may want to put some of that extra money aside for winter wheels and tires. Now I know that they changed the bolt pattern on the 2015 WRX and the budget tire rack steel wheel option may now be out of the question this could be a possible solution.

From this thread on IWSTI the 07 + Honda CRV steel wheels appear to fit and clear the STI Brembos so they should work on the new 2015's. Now I dont have a 15 so I am not 100% it will work but if it woks with the older STI's I dont see why it wouldn't work. If someone with better knowledge please correct me if i'm wrong.

New winter steel wheel solution - Pics!!!!! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Just checked with Subie dealer. 17" steel wheels are not available. Also plan on 4 TPM's for any new wheels.
    Probably cost 1200-1500 for decent tires/wheels/tpms.
    I might just buy winter tires and swap each year, eventually using stock wheels for winter, and then next spring invest in new wheels.bound to be a larger selection then. Who knows?
    Guzziman

Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    If you get the TPMS see if they would have to recalibrate it each time you swap out wheels. I just put up with the low tire pressure light. Some of the CRV wheels are steel wheels not the traditional ones most think of (cant take hubcaps).
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

You'll need to reprogram the sensors for each set of wheels installed at each time you swap them. You'll also need to check and see if subaru even has a set of sensors that will fit correctly in the other wheels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by wkqkqkfk View Post
    I have a set of CR-Z rims with winter tires 205/55/16 (~35lbs tire + wheel). I was told that 16s will fit WRX but not on STIs.
    I took a quick peek at front break and seems there arent much room between caliper and the stock 17" wheel. did anyone try to fir 16s in the front?
    Any updates? Will 16" wheels fit on the 2015 WRX? I have a set of winter tires on 16" steelies if they work that would be awesome

the 16" CRZ rims did not clear the front brakes. it goes in but the inner wall of the rim very slightly touches the brakes. some 16" rims may clear the brakes but I think you have to try them on.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Try Sullivan tire.com. Or Town Faire tire. It's easiest to swap wheels than tires. Plus the sensor issue, and rims can get beat up with tires going off and on. I have 17" alloys with Yokohama winter tires. It takes 10 mins to swap them. Just a suggestion.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.