Aftermarket Lugs on 2008 STi five-spoke Wheels

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Lugs on 2008 STi five-spoke Wheels within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know if aftermarket lugs can be fitted to 2008 STi five-spoke wheels? I was thinking mutekis or mcgards ...

Aftermarket Lugs on 2008 STi five-spoke Wheels

Does anyone know if aftermarket lugs can be fitted to 2008 STi five-spoke wheels? I was thinking mutekis or mcgards but on their site it says for aftermarket wheels only but idk about that statement cause I have seen this done before. Does anyone have experience with this? Looking to get new ones cause my stock lugs are getting pretty nasty from taking them off so much.

Thanks Ken

These are the wheels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-sti-5-spoke-01.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	147961

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I use blox lugs. I have used them on my stock wheels and my aftermarket wheels. Aluminum has a reputation of thread stripping, but as long as you follow the recommended torque rating (I believe 75lbs - don't quote me on that it is off the top of my head, but is in your manual), then they should be fine. Mine have lasted over a year now.

If you just want new stock lugs I have two sets that are in great shape...would send them to you for just a couple bucks over what shipping would be.

Thanks for the offer man but I'm looking for something else other than stock lugs. Looking for something with a little more pop! lol