Looking for ideas on rims 05 Rex

This is a discussion on Looking for ideas on rims 05 Rex within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I'm looking for nice no expensive rims for my 05rex I wanted the 05 sti stock rims but ...

Looking for ideas on rims 05 Rex

Hey guys I'm looking for nice no expensive rims for my 05rex I wanted the 05 sti stock rims but I guess they don't fit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Stock 04 STi wheels do fit though they are expensive anyway.

Look at Enkei. They are my go-to choice by default; they're good enough to be OEM on at least 3 of my cars -- so they're safe, reputable, and reliable.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    How much are you looking to spend and what style wheel do you like? What color? Any brands in particular you are fond of? These answers will help us toss some suggestions your way. Otherwise it will just be all preference (ie - get these wheels because I have them).

For what it's worth the 04 STi wheels will fit, but they are hard to obtain for that reason (and hold a relatively high value).

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I 2nd Enkei.

I don't want to go over 900$ and I like the look of black rims or white. And I like the style of sti rims they just look mean to me lol and what size can I go without running on a 05 Rex?

I Support ClubWRX
    I 3rd Enkei. They are great quality for the cost. Unless you want forged (which is big money most of the time).

If you want performance I would recommend sticking with nothing larger than a 17x8 wheel for your year car.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Best size, performance wise, would be exactly what the STi wheels are. So something around 17x8 +45.

You can have brand new Enkeis like the RPF1's or PF01's for $1000 flat. Just gotta deal search and ask around. They'll usually run about $1100 if bought at retail. Much better buy than say rotas or other wheels in that price range. They are a fantastic deal. Definitely worth the extra hundred or two.

I Support ClubWRX
    The Rota Gravel looks close to the BBS but only available in 18" Rota Wheel Gravel 18x8 5x100 48 56 1 Hyper Black Subaru WRX STI Legacy | eBay
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I guess that there weren't enough "hey, looking for rims" threads...

Look at Tirerack.com for specials. The ones in my pic were less than $100 and are just fine for the street. I have better ones for track days.
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff