355mm x 32mm Brembo and wheels.

This is a discussion on 355mm x 32mm Brembo and wheels. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everybody. First, let me present myself as this is my first post. I live in Brazil. I have a ...

355mm x 32mm Brembo and wheels.

Hello everybody.

First, let me present myself as this is my first post.

I live in Brazil. I have a 2012 wrx sedan. I'm starting to tune my car. I'm running oem brakes now, and I'm thinking of getting those brembos. I do know it is "over-powered" and "over-expesinve" and I won't need it unless I'm tracking my car. A part from that, I really want them for the looks, and I'm might be tracking my car later this year, so it might be good to have good brakes.

I really want that brake kit (1M2.8039A2). And I know I can get cheaper ones, but please let focus on the brembos.

Also, one of the reasons I want to buy it already is because I'm travelling to the USA next month, and they are extremely hard to find here in brazil, and when you find them they are at least 12k. So, 3.5k doesn't seem that much compared to the brazilian price after taxes

Anyway, I know I need at least a 18" wheel.

I'm thinking of buying the Enkei Raijin Wheels (467-880-8045BK)
    18" x 8" - 5 x 100mm bolt pattern - 45mm offset.

Brembro says those brakes need a 33,9mm clearence, plus 3mm for safety. That's 37mm. So is 45mm offset enough or the offset has nothing to do with it?

I'm wondering if you guys know if those wheels would fit nicely in my car with the brembos.
    If not, what wheels do you suggest?

As I said, I'm going to the USA and I want to be sure of what I'm going to buy, so it's just a matter of odering when getting there. Unfortunately, I have never seen those wheels in Brazil, and I don't have a way to measure them. Also there is no contact info on the enkei website. That's why I came here.

Car is not lowered. I'm running stock suspension.

Also, what brake pads do you guys recommend to go with it?

Thanks a lot everybody for the help!
    Last edited by Salivan; 04-28-2014 at 09:02 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nobody? =/

In addition to the offset, it's important to verify the spoke pattern (more specifically, the concavity) to verify if it'll fit. If you're dead set on Enkei's, the Enkei wheel with the most clearance for big brake kits is the PF01.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsear View Post
    In addition to the offset, it's important to verify the spoke pattern (more specifically, the concavity) to verify if it'll fit. If you're dead set on Enkei's, the Enkei wheel with the most clearance for big brake kits is the PF01.
    Thanks a lot!! Gonna be getting those instead, then! They are also really pretty!