Noob looking for suspension

This is a discussion on Noob looking for suspension within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, ive been looking around the forum a bit now...its helped me a great deal! I have a 02 bugeye ...

Noob looking for suspension

Hey, ive been looking around the forum a bit now...its helped me a great deal! I have a 02 bugeye wrx..and my stock suspension is done for needs new struts, springs, axles ect.. i was hoping to go aftermarket at a reasonable price..it is a daily driver, and i do an extreme amount of hwy driving..stanced cars are sweet but i like my ride height for mtn driving would be willing to lower a little.. if anyone has any suggestions on setups..good vendors, brands, tips n tricks, any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Wagon or sedan? Budget? Do you want direct stock replacement? Turn in Concepts is a great company to talk to when it comes to subaru suspension.

I'm thinking KYB GR-2 with some slightly stiffer springs. Thicker adjustable sway bars would be a nice addition. Bushings. OEM refurbished axles (come with a warranty and nothing better than OEM. I've had problems with aftermarket axles and their tolerances not being up to par). Snow tires for the winter. Summers for the summer...maybe wheels to mount them on, 17x8 with a 225 tire. Should give you a decent step up from stock.

Obviously you can do more depending on how much "performance" you want, like stiffer springs and struts and what have you. Maybe make a list of priorities, comfort, longevity, price, etc.

Don't bother with KYB GR-2s...they are OEM comparable and wouldn't benefit the car at all, especially if you go with a stiffer spring.

KYB AGX is a good option. Koni adjustables...or Tokico D-specs. RCE blacks or yellows, depending on what you want. Both have a relatively minimal amount of lowering, but increased spring rates that will improve your handling, especially with good dampers.

Perhaps some adjustable camber plates...or if you don't want them, then get Group-N top hats to replace the stockers (OEM are known to wear out).

And get a GOOD alignment with -1.5 to -2 degrees all around with zero toe.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying