Squeaky!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Squeaky!! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know why whenever I go over a speed numb the front end squeaks with the bounce of the ...

Squeaky!!

Does anyone know why whenever I go over a speed numb the front end squeaks with the bounce of the car? I'm thinking struts? Or could it just be the springs on the rubber?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Need more info here...

What make, model, mods, year? etc...

More than likely the springs compressing on the top hats causing squeaking or some of the many bushings in suspension components squeaking upon compressing.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Squeaky

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Need more info here...

What make, model, mods, year? etc...

More than likely the springs compressing on the top hats causing squeaking or some of the many bushings in suspension components squeaking upon compressing.

2006 wrx. What would you recommend try as a resolution? At how many kolometers do you have to change struts?

I think that, to some degree, they all make some noises. Rule out the major stuff and check for safety, but don't drive yourself nuts trying to find a noise...
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jjtaylor235 View Post
    2006 wrx. What would you recommend try as a resolution? At how many kolometers do you have to change struts?
    You could try greasing any bushings you see...such as sway bar bushings or up under the top hats. Perhaps a white lithium grease would be ok.

As for replacing stock struts...it all depends. Most will wear out by 80-90k miles. Some earlier, some later. I'm too lazy to do kilometer conversion...Google can help with that.

But squeaking over a speedbump isn't really an indication that something is wrong. I had a brand new all stock 2007 STI that would squeak going over speed bumps. It was just sounds of the suspension compressing more over a larger obstacle.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    You could try greasing any bushings you see...such as sway bar bushings or up under the top hats. Perhaps a white lithium grease would be ok.

As for replacing stock struts...it all depends. Most will wear out by 80-90k miles. Some earlier, some later. I'm too lazy to do kilometer conversion...Google can help with that.

But squeaking over a speedbump isn't really an indication that something is wrong. I had a brand new all stock 2007 STI that would squeak going over speed bumps. It was just sounds of the suspension compressing more over a larger obstacle.

Ok thanks a lot!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.