Subaru WRX Forum banner

Squeaky!!

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jjtaylor235 
#1 ·
Does anyone know why whenever I go over a speed numb the front end squeaks with the bounce of the car? I'm thinking struts? Or could it just be the springs on the rubber?

#2 ·
Need more info here...

What make, model, mods, year? etc...

More than likely the springs compressing on the top hats causing squeaking or some of the many bushings in suspension components squeaking upon compressing.

#6 ·
You could try greasing any bushings you see...such as sway bar bushings or up under the top hats. Perhaps a white lithium grease would be ok.

As for replacing stock struts...it all depends. Most will wear out by 80-90k miles. Some earlier, some later. I'm too lazy to do kilometer conversion...Google can help with that.

But squeaking over a speedbump isn't really an indication that something is wrong. I had a brand new all stock 2007 STI that would squeak going over speed bumps. It was just sounds of the suspension compressing more over a larger obstacle.

#5 ·
I think that, to some degree, they all make some noises. Rule out the major stuff and check for safety, but don't drive yourself nuts trying to find a noise...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.