Isc coilover spring rate selection. Gr wrx sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Isc coilover spring rate selection. Gr wrx sedan within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, Im about to purchase a set of isc coilovers for my 2013 wrx sedan. Main reason for going ...

Isc coilover spring rate selection. Gr wrx sedan

Hi all,
    Im about to purchase a set of isc coilovers for my 2013 wrx sedan. Main reason for going with them is because they seem to have food reviews and i got a competitive price on a set. They also come with thrust bearings for reduced noise and pillowball mounts in the front which allow for camber adjustment, and are adjustable via camber bolts in the rear from my understanding. They also have a 2 yr warranty and decent rebuild policy past that. I do plan on running 18x10 +38mm in the future so the adjustable camber may help me there..

Anyhow, the available spring rates are 8/6 8/8 10/8 and 12/10. I want an aggressive dd set up which will see track use a couple times a year. I do run sway bars and a tranny mount with various upgraded bushings and endlinks. Also have pitch stop and transmission bushings.

What spring rate would you guys go with? Im open to hearing any suggestions and comments you guys may have. Comfort is nice but not a huge priority. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Bump for you. Interested to see what the consensus is with ISC coilovers.

I Support ClubWRX
    Save your money
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Save your money
    And go with?

I Support ClubWRX
    Struts/Springs

Rear camber adjustment isn't on the cheap like it was with the GDs and $35 camber bolts.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Struts/Springs

Rear camber adjustment isn't on the cheap like it was with the GDs and $35 camber bolts.
    Yeah.. Actually my initial plan was gtworx/rce blacks or yellows, since i know i cant go wrong with that setup. I did find it a bit difficult to get in contact with gt worx about their struts though, i left multiple emails about ordering amd heard nothing..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mild7intl
    Yeah.. Actually my initial plan was gtworx/rce blacks or yellows, since i know i cant go wrong with that setup. I did find it a bit difficult to get in contact with gt worx about their struts though, i left multiple emails about ordering amd heard nothing..
    What do you want to know?

Do you have them in stock?

i was going to go with those but the shop i order from would take a while to get them in stock so i went with BC's which were a little cheaper. for my 02 im going the BC's are 8k front and 6k rear. i think thatll be quite fine for a DD but maybe the 10/8 if u do some autox
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by mild7intl View Post
    And go with?

Anything but garbage ISC coilovers. Some sticks from the woods might be better.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

ive read great reviews about them and theyre competitive with BC's.

which some members installed and like on their auto x car or DD but some members with da phat wallets ^^ like Feals, KW var. 1's, <$1500, etc. at a minimum for coils.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quick update, I am getting cusco rear lateral links to help with camber in the rear, especially since I plan on getting 18x10 wheels.

I have a pretty sweet deal lined up for kw v1's for around 1 grand picked up. I will be installing isc n1's in the meantime though, and probably just sell them when I do pick up the v1's later in may or june...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.