Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 Long Term Review

This is a discussion on Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 Long Term Review within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; New set of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - this is the second (kind of hard on tires). I ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 Long Term Review

New set of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - this is the second (kind of hard on tires). I love these tires. My local guy price matched tire Rack plus shipping and gave me a break on install - $585 total BUT there is an $80 rebate coming back out of that. Dollars per donuts I think these are impossible to beat. They have fantastic grip and great manners. Maybe not quite as nice as the Star Spec in that department but pretty close and way more than enough for the street. They are very predictable, very stable, and the break free is nice and progressive. Unlike the Star Spec however they wear much longer, aren't noisy even when they get old, and are pretty comfortable for the size. I like the way they look too - not stupid crazy on the tread design but quite sporting. In the wet, they are unbelievable. You really don't have to slow down much in the corners vs dry and hydroplaning is basically non-existent. I don't normally repeat buy tires because it is a moving target, but these are the bomb IMO and they are still on the top at the price point. I kill tires way too fast to venture into the pilot sport range, and if they are better, it is not in a way that I need. Made in Germany too.

Took off the Ultragrips I had purchased this winter - won't be buying those again. The snow grip is fantastic but I need performance winters next time. I was able to get up and down the drive on a half dozen occasions I would not have attempted with the Winter Sotozerros Serie II I love. So, this should be pretty dramatic when I head out next.
    Last edited by mycologist; 04-06-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb