Rear Sway to give more neutral handling

This is a discussion on Rear Sway to give more neutral handling within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First off, my goal is only to reduce the understeer present with the car in stock form. 2013 WRX 5-Door ...

Rear Sway to give more neutral handling

First off, my goal is only to reduce the understeer present with the car in stock form.

2013 WRX 5-Door Premium - all stock suspension

During the winter, I noticed the car wanted to push rather than oversteer on snow. I'm thinking upgrading the rear sway bar to maybe 19mm would get me close to neutral.

Was hoping someone could either confirm this would do it, or offer suggestions. I'm assuming I'd want new endlinks if replacing the swaybar.

My car is just a daily driver, but I HATE understeer. I'd much rather have a slight oversteer tendency rather than a push. I'm also running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 all season tires, so I really don't want to go to a stiffer front bar if just a small increase in the rear would do it.

Thanks
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly, if you're looking for better winter performance, dedicated winter tires will do much more for traction that sway bars ever can. A/S are only "OK" in winter. Winter tires won't give you 100% grip in snow (nothing does), but it will help immensely and you will notice a marked difference.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Appreciate the input, and to maybe clairify......I "noticed" the push condition in the winter time. The reduced traction on snow made it easier to see the balance of the car had more understeer than I'd like. The reason I made sure to state I have A/S tires is so folks understand my thinking about not wanting to go to stiffer sway bars front and rear. Just add a little more rear bar to get it neutral.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune