Lowering spring suggestions?

This is a discussion on Lowering spring suggestions? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I have a 2008 WRX, just looking to clear up fender gap with some springs. I don't care ...

Lowering spring suggestions?

Hey guys,

I have a 2008 WRX, just looking to clear up fender gap with some springs. I don't care about performance, I DD my car, but just want a more flush look. I have heard good thing's about TEIN in the past and am currently looking at either "ProtuningLab" lowering springs or the "TEIN STECH" lowering springs. Although I have never heard of "ProTuningLab" products until I found them today, I was wondering if any of you have? Both manufacturers appear to lower the front and rear 1.5" (quite aggressive I know). I don't want to spend over $200 if I don't have too, but I want an aggressive drop. The ProtuningLab springs are near half the cost of the TEIN STECH's and I was wondering what the difference was? Quality? I know it will wear my stock struts relatively quick but that's something i'm willing to risk. I guess my question is... would you spend the extra $100 (approx.) and buy the TEIN springs or go with the cheaper route and buy the ProTuningLab springs? I'm not sure if the quality difference is worth the money or not, but hey...$100 cheaper for virtually the same results it seems? Opinions? Feel free to throw out other reputable "aggressive" lowering springs that you know of too! Thanks!

TEIN STECHS: Tein STECH Springs - 08 WRX - SKS80-AUB00 - SakariMotorsports.com

ProTuningLab: 08-11 Subaru Impreza WRX/ STI 1.5" Drop Suspension Lowering Springs - Yellow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've never heard of tuninglab

Tein stechs are known for being absolutely awful. They are too aggressive and will wear your stock struts

I'd look into eibach prokit. The drop isn't as aggressive as the stechs but it also won't ruin your stunts and give you a crappy ride.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I was wondering about the ride...I read that some people think TEIN springs are awful and others not so much. Don't really know what to go by. I will look into the prokit though, thanks for the suggestion/advice

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    RCE Yellows, but you're going to want to replace the struts too.

I'm with Dez.. the S-Techs suck, and I've never heard of the other brand. Seems like a knock off.